Airfix 1/48 Hawker Hurricane Mk 1 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

HurrMk1005.jpg

HurrMk1006.jpg

Used the supplied decal for the instrument panel.... a bit messy, but its burried deep in the cockpit so its barely visible.

A small amount of filling and a little sanding but otherwise the fit was ok.... more pix to follow ..

As mentioned earlier, just a little filling otherwise it went together pretty well.

a little sanding to do, esecially over the filled low spots, then she'll be ready for undercoat

HurrMk1007.jpg

HurrMk1008.jpg

cheers
pete

finally found some time to post an update!!!

I decanted some auto primer surfacer from a can and thinned it out for the undercoat...

the underside is Gunze Aqueous 31 White Green, which according to the paint matching site is the equivalent of the humbrol 90 beige green called for in the instructions..

Hopefully get a chance to make a start on masking the canopy tonight

cheers

pete

HurrMk1009.jpg

HurrMk1010.jpg

Been on a bit of a go slow, been busy with life in general, however I did manage to find a few spare minutes so i've painted the prop.....

HurrMk1011.jpg

HurrMk1012.jpg

I'm expecting this to arrive anytime now, quite possibly tomorrow, may shed some more light on the subject. Mind at this stage I trust you guys over the instructions!

21618.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back