Airfix 1:72 scale Henschel Hs 129

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good. I have deleted the first picture attached. It was the same shot we cen see here but much blurry. So there was no reason for keeping that attached.

Thanks, I usually just cut and paste from another site but for some reason didn't work so I uploaded from this site and the wrong picture came up. Was suposed to be before and after. I couldn't figure out how to delete it myself.

Some more progress in between all the Christmasing build up. Some more convincing bomb racks opposed to those offered in the kit, Pre shading and under side paint. Got some time off over the Christmas break so maybe get a chance to wrap it up.

owl%20009_zpstr7mdhis.jpg

owl%20014_zps2ehpjyqc.jpg

On another note, A very Merry safe Christmas to you all, or Festivus or throw rotten fruit at a politician, however you cellebrate have a good one !!

Well there was a time when I would be out tonight barking at the moon, getting drunk and partying my ass off like there was no tomorrow but alas no more. Call it age, maturity or becomeing one with ones liver in favour of airbrushing and a quiet night at home with the war department and without kids who are probably doing the former.

hs129paint%20004_zps705mzjxi.jpg

hs129paint%20003_zpsd1loyoqs.jpg

hs129paint%20002_zpsgwwqdgxm.jpg

hs129paint%20001_zpsr4lnsld4.jpg

Happy New Year to all, See you next year !!

Well I finally got this one wrapped up. I tried something different. I use Testors Model Master enamels. I've never really been happy with any of the water based paints I use for weathering. They all seem to dry too fast or stain too much even when using a retardant. On this one after the paint was dry I hit it with Future and then used artist oils for weathering. I did find however that the mineral spirits still seemed to disolve the future in some places. I'm wondering if others go this route and maybe it's a matter of letting everything dry longer before applying the artis oils and mineral spirits ? At any rate here are some pics of the finished kit.

hs129%20016_zpsddvbjsfg.jpg

hs129%20014_zpsvzq86cek.jpg

hs129%20012_zpsohcsohyx.jpg

hs129%20026_zpsjuqibzzw.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back