Airfix 1:72 scale Henschel Hs 129 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
misc%20018_zpsgfjcc3jh.jpg

Simple little basic Airfix kit. Plastic is in great shape. Decals not so great shape. I ordered a set from an outfit in England. Just Have to figure out what version to build. Got a small start on the landing gear with a bit of extra detail. The kit legs are essentilly...a stick.

misc%20019_zpszqdlc9gn.jpg

Update on progress. I decided to cut free the flaps to show them deployed to give a bit of dynamic to the model. The rear of the nacells are hideously wierd looking so a filler and lots of putty.Cockpit detail. Now from what I have read the cockpit was cramped, so much so that they actually put some of the engine guages on the nacelles. As much as I have tried to keep things to scale, it's tiny. I don't think the pilot would fly this plane, more like wear it, seems suited for a very tiny dude. Kind of reminds me of a time when a friend offerd me up a chance to take his Panterra for a spin. Once I wedged my 6'4'' 250 lb ass into it there was no way I could move my legs to use the clutch, brake or gas pedals !

hs129cpit%20005_zpseuwiobrk.jpg

hs129cpit%20003_zpss4oqrdgt.jpg

A little bit of progress. Engines, landing gear and cockpit are done. Now it's down to sanding and filling. These old Airfix kits were not exactly renown for a tight fit of parts. Wing roots on fuselage are too thick and have too much cord and don't align with the wings very well. aswell as a very poor fit of the nacells to the wing.
Hope all have a Merry Christmas !!

hs129cpit2%20008_zpsl3wudrjm.jpg

I might spend some time over the Christmas break trying to figure out how to take better close up shots as well !!

Coming along nicely and Happy Holidays to you. What kind of camera do you use? My little Canon point and shoot has a little flower icon for macro, a setting that lets you see every one of your flaws.

Geo

Nicely done. The photos can be enhanced in 'Irfanview', by adjusting the colour, gamma and contrast levels, which should help to show more detail.
Here's an example from your posted pic.

Attachments

• Busted wing.jpg
    Busted wing.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Some more cutting and sanding and what not betwen Christmas light's Trees and all things etc. The engine cowlings are molded half on the upper wing and the fit is a joke. I ended up hacking the lot off and making the cowlings separate. Also I cut out the goofy looking exhaust stacks and replaced them with some syrene tube.

Attachments

• nac1.jpg
    nac1.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 560
Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good. I have deleted the first picture attached. It was the same shot we cen see here but much blurry. So there was no reason for keeping that attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back