Airfix Spitfire mk.VIII 1/48th

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the kind words all.
Terry the masking tape I am using is actually surgical micropore tape which does work very well, nice and thin so it conforms to curves easily, is also low tac and low priced. and doesn't lift the paint.The overspray happened because I didn't mask a big enough area just being a bit gung ho and in a rush to get on with it. Hope to get the decaling started tonight and sort out some of the left till last construction

looking good there magnu:thumbleft:

I know what you mean by being in a rush. I'm like that and every body say's to take your time.
That is good advice.Which is what i'm going to that from now on:oops:

Did some weathering on the underside on Sunday
Aircraft080.jpg

Then had a mammoth decaling session last night interrupted by visitors. Not unwelcome as I got a load of free Flypast magazines and a good thirty aviation books that I had loaned out back. It did however mean that I didn't get finished until stupid O' clock this morning not that I realized at the time as I was too busy concentrating. Apart from a few bits it all went on OK , the underside seems to be showing more silvering than the upper even though they were both given a good coat of Klear
on Sunday but I hope another coat will cure that. The canopy and prop were just placed on and will hopefully get glued on along with the rest of the parts tonight.
Aircraft083.jpg

Aircraft084.jpg

Aircraft085.jpg

Aircraft086.jpg

Aircraft087.jpg

All the fiddly bits done, sealing coat of Klear sprayed just have to get hold of a matt varnish and tone down the shine and it's all done
Aircraft001.jpg

Aircraft003.jpg

Aircraft002.jpg

Aircraft004.jpg

Aircraft005.jpg

Aircraft006.jpg

There are a few wee niggles, bits that I could have done better. But for the first effort after a long time away from the hobby I'm not too unhappy with how it turned out.

Looks great mate. I normally make my own matt and semi matt varnishes, by adding Tamiya Flat Base to 'Klear'. Works very well, and a lot cheaper than buying those tiny bottles of the stuff !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back