Akagi Rei-sen (on the carrier) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nicely done, and absolutely not trying to detract from this fine piece of work but the Zeroes aboard Akagi and the other carriers of the Kido Butai around Dec 7th were in pristine condition, very clean and a nice shiny glossy appearance...the pride of the Imperial Japanese Navy.

look forward to the rest of this masterpiece diorama!

Many thanks for your replying gentlemen!:D
Very nicely done, and absolutely not trying to detract from this fine piece of work but the Zeroes aboard Akagi and the other carriers of the Kido Butai around Dec 7th were in pristine condition, very clean and a nice shiny glossy appearance...the pride of the Imperial Japanese Navy.

look forward to the rest of this masterpiece diorama!
Hi Wayne!
The final touches in the model will be the antenna and its mast and a semi-gloss varnish..A gloss varnish would look out of scale in my opinion.
Cheers to all!
Panagiotis.

Many thanks for your replying gentlemen!:D

Hi Wayne!
The final touches in the model will be the antenna and its mast and a semi-gloss varnish..A gloss varnish would look out of scale in my opinion.
Cheers to all!
Panagiotis.

No worries sir, note in the posted image of EI-120 the lower wing and it's highly reflective finish, one of the few period images that actually show the real glossy finish.

Attachments

• A6m2 Glossy Finish EI-120aa.jpg
    A6m2 Glossy Finish EI-120aa.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 163
No worries sir, note in the posted image of EI-120 the lower wing and it's highly reflective finish, one of the few period images that actually show the real glossy finish.
OK,OK,8) I'll fix the camo finish..Now after all this I don't like the look of my model either!:|
Funny thing is,Wayne gave me a very close shot of the deck's expansion joint-if I am correct- which I'm going to add to the diorama deck base!:D

A6m2GlossyFinishEI-120aa_zps9bb5161a.gif

if I remember correctly there is one expansion joint near the island on Akagi...just can't remember if it's at the front or rear of the island...

...update, rear of island.

Last edited:
really looking forward to this dio....!
Thanks a lot Wayne! Time will show..For the time being here are some photos of the finished Akagi deck..I didn't weather it much as the time is set some weeks before December 7th..
Cheers,
Panagiotis.

061_zps70649650.gif

059_zps91112ff8.gif

047_zps625886a4.gif

038_zpsbdd76c78.gif

054_zpsc591ea17.gif

055_zps47899886.gif

I am gobsmacked........it looks bl**dy marvellous to me. If i could do half as well, I would die a happy man.

How did you get that dirty white finish on the exterior. Looks like a basic white with a very light green or olive overwash. I would love to know the secret.....and the detailing, which I think youve brought out with really well executed dry brushing is just so unbelievably good. It was dry brushed???.... or did you get the detail to "come out" some other way???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back