Akagi Rei-sen (on the carrier)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you all guys for your replies!:D

How did you get that dirty white finish on the exterior. Looks like a basic white with a very light green or olive overwash. I would love to know the secret.....and the detailing, which I think youve brought out with really well executed dry brushing is just so unbelievably good. It was dry brushed???.... or did you get the detail to "come out" some other way???

If you are referring to the wire extremety yes, I drybrushed with light grey oil. As for the planks I didn't dry brush them, I rubbed them with sandpaper twice and then I washed them with burnt umber oil..Now,about the exterior...Actually it's paper tape which of course I'm going to remove when everything in the diorama is set and done..
Cheers,
Panagiotis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Wurger!
Hi guys!
These are the latest photos of the Akagi island structure. A short break and I'll be back to the modeling bench soon..
Thanks for looking!
Cheers,
Panagiotis.

046_zps267e277d.gif

045_zps193355dc.gif

042_zps6112b0ce.gif

040_zps8f04000d.gif

Last edited:
Only what I can do is to adore you, Panagiotis.
I am glad to be with you in the same era!

Hi all!
Thank you all for your comments of encouragement and praise! Trying to do my best as this project is demanding and the most entertaining of all my IJNAF dioramas..
Now..I wonder if there is a photo of either the Akagi or of any other IJN carrier showing the bridge,(pilothouse)..I intend to put some detail into the area in my diorama and any help would be valuable..
Thanks in advance,
Panagiotis.

Shinpachi, thanks a lot, yet what I'm looking for is the interior of the compass bridge and the like..BTW, lovely short film that is!
Geo,thanks, I've got the book, very informative and valuable..
Darryl,thank you for your comment!
I'm trying to find photos from ships like the Mikasa which are kept in excellent condition..

9216699467_067179effa_o_zps96e15463.gif

..Or taking photos from movies,like the following for example..

129_zpse590712f.gif

The rudder room (bridge) of Akagi. Original photo.

8178340372_2511a6a1c6_o.jpg

A sketch for movie Tora Tora Tora.
Unit: 尺(shaku=approx. 1 foot)

8178347099_ed9178ce70_o.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! Really great stuff! Domo arigato gozaimasu Shinpachi-san! Tasukari masu! (I appreciate that)!

Kanji letters from left to right -
自動通信器 Auto communicator
電圧速度計 Voltage speed meter
舵角受信機 Rudder angle receiver
時計 Clock
電圧速度計 Voltage speedmeter

You are welcome, Panagiotis.
Your passion is awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back