Alberta Military Model Show (2012)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

S'more.....

12091537.jpg

12091541.jpg

12091542.jpg

12091543.jpg

Nice ones. I've been puzzling about what didn't look right on the Lightning (apart from the rarely used over-wing ferry tanks) - then it dawned on me; I don't recall camouflaged F6's wearing the 'old' style roundel, only the toned-down blue and red version - but there could be an exception I don't know about.
The Sabre looks rather nice too - is that a problem with the black 'Golden hawks' decals, or just the lighting?

The W in HAWKS caught my eye too. I chalked it up to a decal failure and a brush attempt to mimic the font.

Someday maybe I'll have something I can put in a show!!!!!! I sure wish I could have seen the under construction pictures of this one, "Chuck Sawyer's superb F-4E in 1/32". I think it's a beauty.

I have a Davidson F-4E from VMF-211 I want to build, but in 1/48th. I wonder which would be the best kit for it, anybody?

Great pictures, thanks for the post.

Last of the aircraft pics - a Sea Fury and Firefly of HMS Theseus. I think the Firefly should have been a later version for these markings.

120915111.jpg

Let's move on to some ships, starting with the HMS Hood:

1209151.jpg

1209152.jpg

12091512.jpg

Good stuff, and yes, the Firefly should be a MkV. The Sea Fury wings are rather too vertical, but if the modeller used the same wing fold parts as me, then at least he got the wings on !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back