Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Roadster 1:12 scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for calling in guys and for the interest shown. Have made a start on the engine with all its small component parts, my apologies for the quality of the pic I took this one in the fading light of the evening in the light of a window that faces south, came out rather blue, like the colour of our sky.

20230714 1.JPG

These next pics show the right and left side of the engine, gearbox and supercharger as the build progressed through the afternoon.

20230718 1.JPG

20230718 2.JPG

20230718 3.JPG

20230718 4.JPG

:D

Thanks for calling in guys and for the interest shown. Have made a start on the engine with all its small component parts, my apologies for the quality of the pic I took this one in the fading light of the evening in the light of a window that faces south, came out rather blue, like the colour of our sky.

View attachment 730228

These next pics show the right and left side of the engine, gearbox and supercharger as the build progressed through the afternoon.

View attachment 730232

View attachment 730233

View attachment 730234

View attachment 730235

Hahaa busted. Now i know its a model. Its an Alfa and not leaking oil to claim its territory.
I know they do. I had a 75, a 164 and a 147.
Quote against populair believes the were trouble free. Yes i was suprised too. But my excel sheet does not lie.

Very very nice. Looking forward to see more.

Hahaa busted. Now i know its a model. Its an Alfa and not leaking oil to claim its territory.
I know they do. I had a 75, a 164 and a 147.
Quote against populair believes the were trouble free. Yes i was suprised too. But my excel sheet does not lie.

Very very nice. Looking forward to see more.
Back in the 70s in UK I has me a Sud and then a Sprint, no oil problems but they were rust buckets from those salt covered roads. :D

Many thanks for checking in folks and a big thank you for all the nice comments.

Progress has been good and I've started to add a few pipes and cables, I love these Italeri car and bike kits, they are not short on adding a couple of kilometers of piping which I feel gives the model that little extra something.
20230718 5.JPG

20230718 6.JPG

20230718 7.JPG

Having finished both my night fighter Falco IIs I thought I'd fill in the time till the next GB with an Italeri Alfa Romeo Roadster. I rather like these old cars this one being from the 1930s and has an 8-cylinder in line supercharged engine which was considered very "state of the art" at that time.

The box art, content and instruction book.
View attachment 728839

View attachment 728840

View attachment 728841
She's beautiful!!

Back in the 70s in UK I has me a Sud and then a Sprint, no oil problems but they were rust buckets from those salt covered roads. :D
The Suds were awfull. I had a friend bought one new. With in a year rust bubbles among many other problems. A.p.o.s. it was. It nearly took the firm down.
The 75 i still miss, tried to buy one a year or 2 ago. To expensive. Not that many survived. Too many boy racers and top gear giving it a legend status did not help.
The 164 was the perfect family car. Could carry 5, 3 small with a lot of stuff and a shepard dog. Lot of power in that one.
147 was fun. It also had good power. Good little car.

For the very few who want to know they were not expensive cars to maintaine in the long run. It was about a tade more then a simple golf.
None ever broke down on the road.

You are not a petrol head if you have not had an Alfa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back