Another new old guy/retired Navy type

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oct 2, 2008
Reno, NV
Researching my father's Air Force career and have his dash 5's/flight records.
Trying to find info on the AT-20 Avro Anson and their use at Stockton Field, CA. Will be looking for other info on various WWII training acft. Hopefully this will get me started.

GD Mailander

Researching my father's Air Force career and have his dash 5's/flight records.
Trying to find info on the AT-20 Avro Anson and their use at Stockton Field, CA. Will be looking for other info on various WWII training acft. Hopefully this will get me started.

GD Mailander
I have a source that knows the ins and outs of the Canadian Ansons of which the AT20 ,
What would you Yanks have done without Lend Lease:lol:

I have a source that knows the ins and outs of the Canadian Ansons of which the AT20 ,
What would you Yanks have done without Lend Lease:lol:
Thanks. Got this from former B-25 pilot who trained at Stockton:"I'll never forget the Avril Ansons, we called them banana boats. They were orange with a fabric exterior. The bailout procedure was to put your head down and run and bust through the outer fabric. We had to be gentle on the brakes because if we blew a tire the plane was junked as we had no spare tires. The banana boat flew like balloons-it was good experience, but not good flight training".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back