At a loss for words here...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think when Fred Phelps finally goes for his meeting with St. Peter, the WBC will fall apart, as it seems to be only him and his most immediate family. The latter generations may still agitate on a smaller scale, but that will hopefully die with them.

And I would love to be a fly on the wall when Phelps does meet his Maker...

The problem is, launching any sort of attack on these morons, no matter how justified or gratifying, would just be playing into their warped and twisted theologies. You can't stoop to their level and expect to come out on top. What someone needs to do is to dig something up about their pastor, find out he's a child molester or has relations with goats or something like that, something that violently violates his own principles. Expose him for the fraud he is, and most of his "followers" will disappear. The die-hard wool-over-my-eyes few that remain will be just as nutty as he is, and without a large following to worship and adore them, they'll dry up and blow away.

Especially if, due to the evidence aforementioned, the good Rev is shivved in prison.

Do you really think it could work ? I'm sure he would claim to have been framed by the gouvernement, this giving him just an other tribune to spread his hate... and give him more followers.

Still, having a 250lbs biker behind him signing "All you need is love" to his hear would be a good punishment, I think. Bonus points if that guy is black and/or Jewish.

The good folks in Dallas have the right idea. Because the folks at the synagogue/Jewish Community center didn't respond, those nuts from the Westboro Baptist Church, it was a non-story and wasn't covered in the mainstream media. If wackos like that don't get the press coverage, they will go away.

Still, it is nauseating.

The problem is, launching any sort of attack on these morons, no matter how justified or gratifying, would just be playing into their warped and twisted theologies. You can't stoop to their level and expect to come out on top. What someone needs to do is to dig something up about their pastor, find out he's a child molester or has relations with goats or something like that, something that violently violates his own principles. Expose him for the fraud he is, and most of his "followers" will disappear. The die-hard wool-over-my-eyes few that remain will be just as nutty as he is, and without a large following to worship and adore them, they'll dry up and blow away.

Especially if, due to the evidence aforementioned, the good Rev is shivved in prison.

Well RA, I know that Fred Phelps had been disbarred from being a lawyer, I think that he brought severe emotional stress to a witness (really emotional, more details here, courtesy of Wikipedia): Disbarment
A formal complaint was filed against Phelps on November 8, 1977, by the Kansas State Board of Law Examiners for his conduct during a lawsuit against a court reporter named Carolene Brady. Brady had failed to have a court transcript ready for Phelps on the day he asked for it; though it did not affect the outcome of the case for which Phelps had requested the transcript, Phelps still requested $22,000 in damages from her. In the ensuing trial, Phelps called Brady to the stand, declared her a hostile witness, and then cross-examined her for nearly a week, during which he accused her of being a "slut", tried to introduce testimony from former boyfriends whom Phelps wanted to subpoena, and accused her of a variety of perverse sexual acts, ultimately reducing her to tears on the stand.[20] Phelps lost the case; according to the Kansas Supreme Court:

" The trial became an exhibition of a personal vendetta by Phelps against Carolene Brady. His examination was replete with repetition, badgering, innuendo, belligerence, irrelevant and immaterial matter, evidencing only a desire to hurt and destroy the defendant. The jury verdict didn't stop the onslaught of Phelps. He was not satisfied with the hurt, pain, and damage he had visited on Carolene Brady.[20] "

In an appeal, Phelps prepared affidavits swearing to the court that he had eight witnesses whose testimony would convince the court to rule in his favor. Brady, in turn, obtained sworn, signed affidavits from the eight people in question, all of whom said that Phelps had never contacted them and that they had no reason to testify against Brady. Phelps had committed perjury.[20]

On July 20, 1979, Phelps was permanently disbarred from practicing law in the state of Kansas,[20] though he continued to practice in the Federal courts.

In 1985, nine Federal judges filed a disciplinary complaint against Phelps and five of his children, alleging false accusations against the judges. In 1989, the complaint was settled; Phelps agreed to stop practicing law in Federal court permanently, and two of his children were suspended for periods of six months and one year.[21]

On the other hand, if these jokers ever started to protest around my college town, I would be very tempted to find out how many of these yahoos I can fit into the trunk of my volvo.

Maybe we could photoshop him marrying a goat? Sorry, my id took over looking for immediate gratification. The thing about lawyers is that they are trained to argue in the cause of whatever suits their fancy. What might be fun is making a recording of him and his followers doing their rant then play it back for them while they are at home. Protesters being protested by other protesters. Where's the rent-a-mob when you need them?

I'm out of words... Really.

You gotta check the official site, also I found this one, seems like they hate... I mean god hates Finland too. And every other country also. Why not? :lol:

God Hates The World

Now, what if they all got suddenly "hated by god" i.e. killed, would that mean, well, that god hates them too, the cream of all people of the world (or more like the only people good enough to be called people or something)?

But still... for ****'s sake. :confused:

Heh. Dunno what "god" they worship, but the God of the Bible is not a hateful God. So, as much as they grate on my nerves and really make the ole trigger finger go all itchy-twitchy, the worst I feel I can do to them is pray for them. Unless I feel that they are threatening my family, I'm not gonna stoop to their level, even on a forum (although I still think that exposing their leader guy would be a good idea and cause the whole cult to shrivel up and blow away). Make threats against my family, though, and look out!

Heh. Dunno what "god" they worship, but the God of the Bible is not a hateful God. So, as much as they grate on my nerves and really make the ole trigger finger go all itchy-twitchy, the worst I feel I can do to them is pray for them. Unless I feel that they are threatening my family, I'm not gonna stoop to their level, even on a forum (although I still think that exposing their leader guy would be a good idea and cause the whole cult to shrivel up and blow away). Make threats against my family, though, and look out!

Mosin Nagant time!

Heh. Dunno what "god" they worship, but the God of the Bible is not a hateful God.

Euh... I think you need to think again. Every religion preach the destruction of other religions, this making God(s) hateful being(s). Here is an exemple taken from Ezekiel 25:17.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evilmen. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is Maestro... euh, I mean the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon you.

;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back