Battle of Britain 'Bits Box'.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wojtek! I've just remembered - I missed off one small unit, at the end. The list should include the F.I.U. (Fighter Interception Unit), equipped with Blenheims, for trials and development with A.I. (Airborne Interception), later known as RADAR.

Brilliant Terry! Have a Gladiator in the stash, and for BoB wasn't sure if they participated! Not many did but I can build one, nice ! They didn't claim kills but it still works, right?

Yep, and I should have soem info on colour schemes and markings somewhere. I'm working on the next part now, for Luftwaffe units in the BoB. It's taking a lot longer than I thought to get everything together in a meaningful fashion!

Thanks Tony. I'd hoped to have a lot more posted by now, but it's getting there - slowly!

Do you think/hope that you'll find some suitable subjects for a Wildcat or two, for your builds in this GB old boy?? I know that you've been looking for that, the last 15 years.....

Greetings from Williamsburg Virginia. Lot of good information going on in this thread. It's a good thing because I have yet to decide on what to build for this GB. Keep the information flowing everyone.

I see Jan is pushing his luck again! There were actually a few Royal Navy Martletts 'officially' in the BoB, right at the end, for one week.

Can't do either. No way am i going near a Hippocroccofrog, and the Doctor has warned me that model aircraft which resemble them would be very bad for my arthritis, and could cause a period of extreme drunkeness !!

Here's PART TWO of the 'Bits Box', covering Luftwaffe aircraft inolved in the Battle.
The next part will cover Luftwaffe units.
EDIT: Addendum, there is a typo under the heading for the Dornier Do17.
The entry for the Do17 F-1 should read Do17 P-1.

Attachments

• Microsoft Word - BoB Bits 2, L'waffe aircraft.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Once again I come in late here having just found this thread, this is seriously good stuff Terry. How the hell you find time to do all this and model as well, I will never know but thanks a bunch anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back