Battle of Britain double build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alte Hase

Airman 1st Class
Sep 25, 2011
Hi guys! I've decided to do a battle of Britain double build-a Spitfire Mk 1 and a Bf109E-4. I have both kits,by Tamiya in 1:48 scale. I've decided on the Spitfires it will either be Al Deere's KL B, Brian Carbury's XT W or 'Raz" Berry's XT Y.All of them are in almost identical camouflage.But before deciding which Bf109 I'm going to do, I thought I'd throw it open to you guys to tell me which one of these three YOU would choose to do!
#1/
schopfel.jpg

#2/
vonhahn.jpg

#3/
vonwerra.jpg

So please let me know which one of these three you prefer!

I'm going for a 'maximum effort' on this build: as much aftermarket as I can use to get a really museum quality replica-I love the BoB and what it stood for historically and socially and have always wanted a really superb set of models from this iconic battle. So for the Spitfire I'm planning on:
-Tamiya 1:48 Spitfire Mk 1
-Southern Expo decals 'Hornchurch vs the Luftwaffe'
-Eduard Spitfire Mk 1 canopy/wheel masks
-Ultracast exhausts
-Eduard seatbelts

And the Bf109:
-Tamiya 1:48 Bf109E-4/7
-Techmod decals
-Eduard canopy masks
-Eduard detail set Bf109E-4
-Eduard wheel well canvas covers
-Quickboost seat
-Quickboost guns
-Quickboost exhausts

I look forward to your feed back and will post updates once the exact aircraft are finalised and photos of the build will follow!

Thanks! Yes, its a nice looking machine, and a lot of very good photos exist of it after it was shot down!

Wow, I have 1 vote for each aircraft! :) That's real democracy! :) Wish I had the time to do all three! Maybe one day...

Sorry, it seems to be doing that...I can't see them now either. Not sure why...?

Please update you net browser and also Flashplayer, Java and a few others. If you use Firefox please check plugins and update them.

The highest number I've seen for a 9./Jg 26 Bf109 is 11, but maybe they had a 13!

There's your chance then! :)

I got the Quickboost guns and exhausts for the Bf109 and the Spitfire's Ultracast exhausts in the mail today,finally...now I'm just waiting for the Messerschmitt's Quickboost seat to arrive (it's been three weeks!) and I'll be all set to start. This week looks like a nightmare for me though: an all day mandatory conference thursday,big family birthday saturday,and I'm doing all the legwork for that, and I'm lecturing meteorology sunday, not to mention I may be starting a new job so I've been told I should prepare for simulator prof. checks on two different aircraft and that will need bigtime prep ...I'm just hoping I'll have some free time to get cracking with these two models!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back