Being Politically Correct SUCKS (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tom Jerry mandering

Tom and Jerry fell victims to political correctness when TV watchdogs imposed a "ludicrous" ban on smoking in the cartoons.

The satellite channel Boomerang agreed to edit out scenes that glamourised or condoned smoking after media regulator Ofcom received a complaint from a parent.

In one episode, Tom tries to impress a female cat by making a roll-up cigarette and smoking it with just one hand. In the other, Tom's tennis opponent is seen smoking a large cigar.

Pro-smoking lobby group Forest claimed the move was a "joke", and said the violence featured in Tom and Jerry would be a better target.

Spokesman Neil Rafferty said: "We cannot believe this completely ludicrous decision. If you're going to analyse Tom and Jerry then I think Tom getting hit repeatedly in the face very hard with a frying pan is a much more dangerous example to set towards children. "

Mediawatch commentator John Beyer said that while he welcomed moves to encourage physical health among youngsters, he wanted Ofcom to focus its powers on more offensive issues.

He said: "There are films and programmes out there which deal with mental and adult issues that cause a very great deal of public offence. Ofcom seems unwilling to deal these more pressing issues. "

Poppycock

War veterans have been told that remembrance parades can not go ahead unless they adhere to endless health and safety rules.

Officials demanded that the old soldiers, many in their 80s, should provide £300 public liability insurance, carry out a risk assessment and organise stewards dressed in fluorescent jackets to police events.

One elderly soldier stormed: "When these people went to war they didn't have to fill out risk assessment forms. To say it is political correctness gone mad is an understatement. "

It is feared many associations up and down the country may now be forced to cancel their events because of the time and cost of complying with the regulations.

The march organisers have been told two lines of stewards in fluorescent jackets must accompany them and have an ambulance in attendance.

Mr. Lee-Hale said: "I could understand it if we were a bunch of yobs marching through the town, but what trouble do they think an 80-year-old ex-sailor is going to cause?"

It is not the first time war veterans have fallen foul of the politically correct brigade.
Last year poppy sellers were banned from pinning flowers on people's clothes in case they cause injury.

Wye Aye Pet!

Geordies were staggered to discover that they were no longer allowed to address people as 'pet' or 'love' for fear of their language causing offence.

Political correctness meant that such Geordie dialect, which was famed in the TV show 'Auf Wiedersehen, Pet', was banned by Newcastle City Council.

Thousands of Council workers were sent on "equality and diversity" courses to be told how to address each other with dignity and respect.

It is not the first local authority in Britain to tell its staff that words like "love", "darling" and "sweetheart" are inappropriate for women. But it may be the only one ruling out the use of some of the local expressions, for fear of causing offence.

Tory MP for the North-East Martin Callanan said the move was "political correctness gone mad".
He added, "They are traditional North-east terms of affection. I can't believe anyone would be offended by them. Surely the council has more important things to worry about than its staff using friendly terms. "

Retired teacher Peter Arnold, who is chairman of the Northumbrian Language Society, said he supported the council's desire to promote diversity. But he added: "I am horrified that these words are to be banned.

"People have been speaking Northumbrian in this part of the world for 1,400 years uninterrupted. "

Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep

One nursery school in Oxfordshire made children sing 'Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep' in the name of "equal opportunities".

But angry parents forced the nursery to perform a U-turn on the politically correct policy after it was exposed in the Daily Express.

One couple whose daughter attends the group felt the nursery's stance had been "utterly laughable".

The father said: "It's absolutely ridiculous. But after all the publicity and once we made our views known, I am pleased to say today they are again singing black sheep. "

We revealed how the Sure Start Centre in Sutton Courtenay, Oxfordshire, had changed the words of the nursery rhyme Baa Baa Black Sheep. Centre manager Stuart Chamberlain had said equal opportunities justified the extraordinary decision.

"Basically we have taken the equal opportunities approach to everything we do. This is fairly standard across nurseries. We are following stringent equal opportunities rules, " he said.

"No one should feel pointed out because of their race, gender or anything else. "

But Paul Phoenix, of campaigning group Black Parents in Education, said: "Tackle the big rocks and the little stones will fall into place but to approach all these tiny, little, politically correct things wastes time and is irrelevant. "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Political correctness is killing our freedoms

Europe's citizens must be on their guard against political correctness and moralising politicians, says the European Commission President José Manuel Barroso in an interview with The Daily Telegraph.

The former Portuguese premier and centre-Right politician is concerned that freedom can be the loser in European culture wars over climate change, cheap air travel, Islam and free speech.

"We should be aware of people who, sometimes for good reasons, try to establish what I call private moral codes, for this or that, be it climate change, religious behaviour or any kind of social behaviour," he says.

Mr Barroso, a former Maoist student firebrand who fought against the Portuguese dictatorship in the early 1970s, still regards himself as a freedom fighter, even when the calls for bans or restrictions are in a worthy cause, such as global warming or respect for Muslim communities.

"I was 18 years old when a democratic revolution came to my country. Before we could not read the books or listen to the music we wanted," he says, speaking in his 13th-floor office in the Berlaymont building in Brussels. "I am radical on these matters. If there is an excess of freedom, it is better to have excess than less." Europe has been deeply divided over controversies surrounding Islam.

Violent protests on the continent, in the Middle East and in Asia followed the publication in a Danish newspaper of cartoons caricaturing the Prophet Mohammed and the Pope faced calls to apologise after a speech on theology and the origins of Islam sparked international controversy.

But Mr Barroso backs the right to offend.

"We have to show respect for all communities but the fundamental right of freedom of expression is for me more important than other collective rights," he says.

Growing up in the Portugal of the 1960s, Mr Barroso remembers being compelled to wear quasi-military uniforms. "I hate uniforms," he says.

His own personal experience of authoritarianism has made him wary both of those who are seeking to ban the wearing of the Islamic veil and Muslims who require girls to cover up. "I think the UK has the right approach. The veil should not be banned just as girls should not be forced to wear it.

"People should be able to choose what clothes they wear - as long as they don't go naked of course."

As the European Union prepares to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the founding Treaty of Rome, Mr Barroso insists that the rights of the individual, within the law, over moral strictures from either secular or religious communities, are sacred.

"Shall we respect the rights of a community to impose, for instance on a girl, a specific way of doing things or shall we give primacy to the rights of the girl, or it could be a boy, to choose?" he says.

"I have no doubts. In the Europe I want, the right to choose has primacy."

An elderly Christian couple were recently interrogated by police because they complained to the council (over the phone) about its gay rights policies. Mr and Mrs Roberts had complained to Wyre Borough Council after reading an article in their local newspaper which explained that the council was set to introduce wide-ranging gay rights policies. Mr Roberts complained to the Council saying that he did not agree with their promotion of homosexuality. When told that it was part of the Council's diversity policy, Mr Roberts asked - in that case - if Christianity could be promoted in the same way and asked if he could display Christian leaflets alongside gay rights leaflets. This was refused on the grounds that it would cause offence to the gay community. But Mr Roberts told council representatives that he was offended by the promotion of homosexuality. The elderly couple were soon visited and questioned by the police who accusing them of making "homophobic telephone calls"! However, it would appear that there has been a clear case of a breach of the couple's human rights. (More on this here).

As the Christian Institute have rightly pointed out, for the police to get involved with such a matter is surprising. They are going to have to view not only Evangelical Christians as criminals for their right to disagree with the practice of homosexuality, but also the religions of Islam and Judaism, as they too disagree with the practice.

The Daily Mail reported how home office officials are threatening to withdraw funding for a memorial carol service for the victims of crime because it is "too Christian". Even though the service (held at St Martin-in-the-Fields in Trafalgar Square) has been helping grieving relatives of homicide for 11 years now politically correct civil servants are warning that they are going to pull the plug on funding unless the service tones down its Christian content.

The Daily Mail also reported how Inland Revenue staff have been banned from donating to a charity which helps send toys to needy children because of its links to Christianity.

Lambeth council officers have are being careful to use the terms: "Winter Lights" and even "Celebrity Lights" - but have omitted the word Christmas from all promotional literature.

A museum in Somerset changed the dating of its exhibits from B.C. (before Christ) to B.P. (before present), although they say that they did this to make things clearer to people and not for reasons of political correctness.

Birmingham Council renamed Christmas 'Winterval' and Jobcentres banned Christmas trees and decorations.

The Eden Project in Cornwall banned its employers from wishing people a Merry Christmas because the name Christ was in the greeting and it may offend people of other religions.

The Red Cross charity shops have banned nativity scenes from their window displays at Christmas times because they do not want to have any religious imagery on display. Paradoxically, I have personally seen a Red Cross shop with a full on Halloween display in its window. Clearly Halloween is a religious pagan festival. Double standards I think here.

There has been a recent push to try and ban Bible's from hospitals. Leicester health trust in particular has led a push to ban them, claiming the presence of Bible's in hospitals will offend other religions.

Some shopping precincts throughout the UK banned the Salvation Army and other Christian groups from singing carols to shoppers in case they offended other religions.

The common excuse given for banning many of the Christian traditions from our culture is that it will offend other religions such as Muslims, Hindu's, etc. However, it is often revealing to find that most people in other religions are actually not offended. What they are offended at, however, is the charge from others that they might find such things offensive. So who is pushing for all of this politically correct claptrap? The answer to this lies in local councils. When you see examples of such things as listed here why not write to them and ask them to explain themselves?

Where will all this political correctness lead and what will it mean for Christians and religious liberty for the UK in general? Today, the politically correct will be banning Bible's from hospitals, carols from shopping precincts, etc. Tomorrow they will be insisting that churches tear down crosses from their steeples. Further down the line, not being content with trying to eradicate all traces of Christian heritage from our culture, they will inevitably turn their gaze towards all religion. People of all faiths and religions need to make a stand against what is happening. Write to your MP and ask them to address the issue.

Question gentlemen AND ladies... if christinanity offends those from other cultures and religions, why the h*ll do they move to the christian world and a chrisitan country then??

(Expecting this to be censored, OR deleted, due to political correctnes)

Question gentlemen AND ladies... if christinanity offends those from other cultures and religions, why the h*ll do they move to the christian world and a chrisitan country then??

(Expecting this to be censored, OR deleted, due to political correctnes)

I don't know Lucky, I don't understand it, why people move to other countries, such as the US, to escape religious persecution, then when they get here, they start shoving their religion down our throats, and when people fight back, they claims racisim or some BS like that.

Stuff like gay rights I understand. In my opinion, (and I'm not religious at all) there's nothing wrong with being gay. You're gay, you're gay. (I'm not gay.) I don't see a single reason that gays should be discrimiated against. And as for different religions, go ahead, keep your religion. But keep it in your house or your church (whatever it may be called). Doesn't matter what religion, Islam, Judaism or Christianity. Nobody else needs to see it. Think of it as your privates.

I gotta stay away from this thread.

oh hell!!

oh hell!!

Blame it on Lucky! He keeps posting more s**t to piss us off!

ha ha. Just kidding brudda.

No worries buddy.... Question II, WHEN are those spineless w*nkers and closet sheep sh*ggers gonna realize that they're breaking "freedom of speech" that many countries (US, UK, Sweden etc) have in their constitution....or are they really that thick??

But they are not talking about rights. What they are talking about are "feelings" and "perception" and being "warm and fuzzy".

But what you can't pound through their thick head with a hammer, and I've tried so I know it doesn't work is, while their desire is to not step on anyones toes IS stepping on mine. But if I argue that, them I'm a racist or a biggot or an insensative oaff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back