Life...sometimes it just sucks!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's just awful Wayne. I'm so sorry. I can imagine how your son feels. It sounds similar to what happed to my wife's sister a few years ago. She had a blood clotting condition that no one knew about and had a clot that broke loose and killed her. She was only 53 at the time. I can't remember the name of the condition (I'll have to ask my wife) but it's genetic and my wife's brother had it too, but died from kidney failure instead. My wife and kids have all been tested for it but the results were inconclusive so we have to watch out for it. Apparently it doesn't show up until age 18 or so .

My wife knows all too well. Annie was engaged when at uni, 23 years ago? Her fiance was driving home, late, hit a tree at only about 30 kmh, broke his larynx on the steering wheel and died. She still visits his grave on occasion. I don't fault her for it. It stays with you for a very long time. One never forgets. Can only move on and let the memories be good ones. We can only hold him tight and let him know there are people around him who care.

Bill Annie

That's very big of you Bill. Everyone handles death in their own way. When my mom died in '89, everyone was so worried about me because I was, and still am, a mama's boy. Since the funeral, I have never visited her grave site and some people don't understand that since I was so close with my mom. The way I look at it is I don't need to look at a rock with her name on it to feel close to her. (Dang it, tearing up now)!

The death Wayne's family is dealing with now hit's me hard. I don't understand, and never will, why crappy things happen to good people, especially young people that have their whole life to live.

Thor, I'm 68 now, 54 when I met My Annie. One has to accept people fall in love. How many of us can remember our first "crush"? There cannot be anything wrong, or cannot hold anything against someone for having been close to another. That's what we do. And when the partner is taken away, as Aarons has, it leaves a very deep scar, one that never heals. No one should expect it to. It really shouldn't actually. That's what keeps the good memories alive. That's how I remember my grand parents. That's how we remember them that are or were close. He'll move on, and keep good memories inside for himself.

So sad to hear that Wayne. Parents should never have to bury their children, this is tragic.

Hopefully your son will find some peace in knowing she is in a better place and that she was well liked and loved by those around here, including you.

My neighbor had a similar incident last year and died on my front porch from a heart attack due to a blood clot. My wife and I attempted CPR, but we were unsuccessful.

Wayne, I am late to this thread but your son has my deepest condolences. Words are, useless in this case, but they are all we have. As the book says, In the midst of life, we are in death. My wife of 30yrs died of a brain bleed 11 yrs ago. I went to work a husband and came home 4hrs later a widower, though it took her 4 more months to actually die.
One certainly hope that there is some rhyme or reason to it but it certainly escapes my human intellect. Perhaps as has been said: only the good die young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back