Best tank killer aircraft of WW2 Part I (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
the swastika symbol was banned as a hate symbol of an evil regime several years ago in Germany. Firstly and historically for decals of WW 2 a/c. Every German militaria site is required by law to blot/cover all swastika's in war footage whether single stills or movies, adds, commercials, etc.....medals, documents.

also in effect although not sure if this is true or not but from what I am hearing there is a ban being pushed throughout all of Europe to remove the symbol from anything having to do with the old 3rd Reich and WW 2 in general. This is besides the showing of photographs. Documents, stone memorials, posters, any reading materials....

I've heard that too, about the possible ban throughout Europe. All brought on by the Prince Harry incident.

I can understand the idea of banning hate symbols, but I still think political correctness is getting quite out of hand.
I don't want to take things way off track, so I won't say any more about it.

Still, what happened, happened, and there it is. The Swastika is much, much older than the Third Reich anyway. In houses in India, it's above the doorways with small dots inside each of the 'hooks'. I think to ban it is a mistake. People who are into their Neo-Nazi ideas aren't going to worry about a ban, and by banning the symbol it gives it some kind of unjustified mystique. Far better to have it there, and make sure people are properly aware of all it stood for between 1933-45.

Erich, those are formidable photos!

Medvedya: you made an excellent point.

The hammer and the sickle of the soviet union flag should actually receive a more agressive treatment and be properly banned, not only across Europe, but across the entire earth. If the sole view of swastikas is offensive to many, the symbol of the hammer and the sickle should be then a universal offense to mankind.

Erich said:
the swastika symbol was banned as a hate symbol of an evil regime several years ago in Germany. Firstly and historically for decals of WW 2 a/c. Every German militaria site is required by law to blot/cover all swastika's in war footage whether single stills or movies, adds, commercials, etc.....medals, documents.

also in effect although not sure if this is true or not but from what I am hearing there is a ban being pushed throughout all of Europe to remove the symbol from anything having to do with the old 3rd Reich and WW 2 in general. This is besides the showing of photographs. Documents, stone memorials, posters, any reading materials....

You are correct about the ban and I think it is quite stupid. I have quite a collection of Third Reich Uniforms and several museums, libraries and even the US installation Panzer Kaserne in Stuttgart some times lend my uniforms for display purposes. Whenever I leave the house and take them to the place where they will be on disply I have to cover up the swastika's with tape and keep them from being seen, so I normally put them in protective cases to keep them out of sight but I think it is a bit rediculous.
The swastika goes back much farther than the Nazi's and in some Native American Indian tribes it means friendship. I have even seen Roman Artifacts with swastikas on them. To ban a symbol I think is obsurd, it is just like the Confederate flag being banned in the United States. It is a piece of cloth and means nothing more but some consider it a symbol of hatred and slavery. I think they should grow up, it is a part of history.

Les of Primus is correct.

It was in the early 90s that I first visited France with my parents; I was 6 years of age, and clearly recall myself asking my father what was that ugly smell in the Paris subway while being in a real crammed wagon.

I do not recall my dad´s answer but I understand what was the smell.

i think it'd be wrong to bad it, it'd be like we're trying to forget that chapter in history but only by learning about it can we prevent it happeneing again.................

and talking of political correctness, you know the punch and judy puppet shows?? well a puppetteer in a town near where i live called bodmin was banned from performing that in the town as it was seen to promote domestic violence, they thought all the little kiddes would go home and beat their wifes with sausages.................

Back on the idea of tank killers . . . I was able to get the pics of the P-38 armed with a 75mm cannon scanned in. They are in the pics section if anyone wants to take a look.

Not back on the Tank Killer subject... :lol:

It is stupid banning them. I fail to see how you could be offended by the symbol, plus the fact I bet it's the minority that's offended and this is a democracy!

I still think that because it's a democracy Nazis and Communists alike should be allowed political parties, they aren't going to get any votes but it's not democracy if you don't allow them.

Nothing happened in 1938, the Germans were invited into Czechoslovakia, it was a happy time THEY SERVED PUNCH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back