Bf-109 G-6

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

109ROAMING

2nd Lieutenant
May 25, 2008
New Zealand
Hey guys heres my attempt at making airfix's 109G-6 a little better

Scratch built interior and Db-605

Gonna finish it with most of the cow panels open

Yet to decide on a scheme on this maybe first thought was Gerhard Barkhorn

Anyone got some nice schemes they'd like to share?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 103
  • 2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 3.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 106
  • 5.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 6.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 121
It's really a mess so far but you are doing well Daniel.Keep working on...

You might be interested in these.But notice please that the Yellow13 has later variant of the fin and rudder.

Attachments

• Bf109G6 JG27 White 8.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Bf109G-6_Yellow_13_Uffz_Klaus_Lambio_JG_300.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 84
Thanks for the profiles Wojtek!

Don't worry Terry its abit cleaner now!

Cheers guys

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 1.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 95
So if that pink, ex-Nazi Space Programme, extra-lift-giving Cosmic Goo is filler, why have you filled the wheel bays? Apart from that, and I'm sure you've got a good reason, it's looking great Daniel!

Cheers mate ,I filled them in cause theres bugger all detail in the wheel wells so I'l drill holes to a depth of about 2-3mm where the wheel would go and then sribe grooves for the undercarriage leg .If I didn't there'd just be gaps leading into the wing which would look a tad wrong.Shouldn't look too bad with abit of paint.Lots more sanding/filling to do!

If you would use plastic pieces you would get better effect of these wheel bays Daniel.Could you recall me what firm offeres them kit?

I echo Karl and Wojtek. I now understand what you're doing, but, as Wojtek said, it's much easier to 'box-off' the gaps around the wheel wells and gear-leg bays, using thin plastic sheet, or even card, if you haven't got plastic sheet.
But bl**dy good work nonetheless!

Just thinking about that Wojtek(typical of me going about it the wrong way)Will look into doing that

Ya its the airfix 1/72 kit ,got 1980 imprinted on the inside of the fusalage

Cheers guys ,Will have some more pics up tonight of the build

Users who are viewing this thread