Bf-109 G-6 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here be the pics

Took apart one of my airbrush's tips to clean it because it seemed to be blocked.Came apart fine ,took a real lot of paint out :shock: .Put it back together and then ran some water through it and it was as good as new.Just wondering if its ok to do this often? I've read you can't take apart the airbrush and the manual has gone walkabout ,What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 66
Thanks for that Wayne! :shock: every colour! I shall take up the way of the master

:thumbright:

looking at the few pics of Barkhorns Chevron Triangle"5" the wing pattern is not visible...will do you some scans anyway Daniel and send to you.

Probably need to go with the standard pattern.....like below...

Attachments

• Schilling_Bf109G-6_Yellow 1_9-JG54bb.JPG
    Schilling_Bf109G-6_Yellow 1_9-JG54bb.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 45
I was thinking along the lines of the '109H, with a longer wing still, lengthened fuselage, and other mods - a sort of TA152 of the Messerschmitt world! But I couldn't manage 1/72nd scale, it'd have to be done in 1/48th, or 1/32nd, and then, at some time way, way in the future!

Nice work, Daniel! I recently got an Airfix G-6 as a throwaway kit (it was part of a lot that had another kit that I wanted). Your work with yours gives me hope about doing something with mine. I already have a Hasegawa G-6 done (winter camouflage - Eastern Front, of course). I might do this as a Slovenian Bf-109 - always liked the Slovenian insignia. It won't be as detailed as yours (no pink glop for the wheel wells, for example), but it's a simple kit and wouldn't take too long to do. I may do it after I finish my b****y IL-2's - I already have two of them clear-glossed and I'm getting up the nerve to start decalling them. I will post them when done (as well as my Meteor 7.5!).

Regards,

Venganza

Sounds good mate 8) and cheers

Thats exactly what this kit turned into a throw away kit (may still go that way :lol:) Just thought I'd put abit more effort into it ,as Wojtek said practice makes a master (me thinks if I start practicing now Il be half way up the ladder to a master by the time I'm too old to make models any longer ) be happy to get there

It's the 'throw aways' that suddenly make you learn things Daniel. Any mistakes or messy bits you make on this, you'll spot, and be able to say 'Ah. Now I know which way to do it next time'.
You'd be surprised how quickly you can become proficient by doing some relatively simple scratch-building, detailing or conversion work. Keep it up mate, you're improving all the time.

Cheers Darryl

Seems you blokes are onto it .303 proberly the best way to deal with them .Did about $50-100 damage to the hutches ,also made a right bloody mess

May get out later and do abit more on the 109

Users who are viewing this thread

Back