Bf-109E-3 Ofw Illner White 2 of II./JG51 Battle of Britain Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hm Marauder, Thunderbolt (Will never get done!!!) , 110 barely start, 109 not started, and Do-17......its a matter of keeping interest. The Do-17 I was anxious for and the 109. Marauder just sort of got eh...when 2 windows fell in the dam thing. Will get back to it.

Calm yourself my fine sir!!! :lol:

Its hard to do normal builds with all the group builds........ whats the next GB?

I know what you mean about the Group Builds H ! They're great, and some, like the BoB GB, I've been looking forward to for months - a year in fact. But there's so many other projects not getting done because of it, like the FW190 diorama I started on in December (!), and the Typhoon, and the 56 Sqn build, and the .....er....oh b*gg*r, I'm in the same boat !!!

Here is a list of the uncompleted kits I have on the shelf from before I took my 2+ year vacation from model building:

B-17C - 1/2 masked for 2nd shade of silver
Boeing 307 (B-17 airliner) - 1st coat of silver done
Me163 - RLM 65 on but that's it
Fokker tri-moter- almost done and lost a landing gear strut and never got back to it.
Grumman Skyrocket - Done except for props and a few fiddly bits
Zero - Props and fiddle bits
Rufe- paint done, decals didn't turn out great so I put it aside
4 stack Destroyer model - Deck compleated

You've got nothing on me Harrison ! :lol:

Last edited:
Okay reading reviews about OTHER decal sheets for his bird the inaccuracies are as follows..

This appears to be the be the aircraft Illner used in mid-August, after his third victory. What is most unique about it, is that Illner had a set of bright red lips holding a cigarette painted on the front of the under-cowl after his first victory. According to Vol. Two Section 2 of the Jagdwaffe series, the cigarette should have the date of Illner's first kill, 5 July 1940, printed on it, rather than the brand name. The Eagle Strike decal does not have this. Also the Jagdwaffe volume reports the smoke from the cigarette as gray and black. The decal is printed as red and white. This could come down to photo interpretation.

As to other markings carried by this aircraft, Illner had the name of his girlfriend, Gretel, painted on the fuselage as well as a pair of dice above the name and a yellow clover below.

The aircraft also carried the weeping bird emblem of II./JG 51. At first look, it appears that the legend under the bird is "Gott strafe Bngland". But, upon closer examination, England is spelled with an "E" not a "B".

OK so basically

just brushed the cockpit main pieces...need to sand off the moulded belts...if anyone have Luftwaffe PE belts they could donate ( :oops: ) that'd be awesome... if not I'll order some as I don't have patience for making my own....

Attachments

• P8220815.JPG
    P8220815.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 88
  • P8220816.JPG
    P8220816.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 93
Tut tut H ! Modelling is all about patience. By the time you've fiddled with one part of a PE seat harness, you could have made your own from foil or paper - and saved a relatively large amount of cash, considering the amount of material per $ in a PE set.

Hm Marauder, Thunderbolt (Will never get done!!!) , 110 barely start, 109 not started, and Do-17......its a matter of keeping interest. The Do-17 I was anxious for and the 109. Marauder just sort of got eh...when 2 windows fell in the dam thing. Will get back to it.

Calm yourself my fine sir!!! :lol:

Its hard to do normal builds with all the group builds........ whats the next GB?

Don't you have a B-17 that needs to be completed too?:twisted: he he, look whos talking. I got the HMT Olympic, Me 262 nightfighter, Ju 52 Minesweeper, B-17 Old 666, B-24 Tubarao, The Blenheim Mk4 and a Beaufighter. Oh and the finishing touches on the Ferdinand. :oops:

Holy.....I can't friggin make the dam strap adjusters....so frustrating....I'm considering leaving them off........incredibly annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back