Bf-109E-4/7 TROP

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pong

Staff Sergeant
Sep 2, 2007
Manila, Philippines
Hi all!

This is my latest build, a 1/48 Tamiya Bf-109E TROP.

My camera battery was dead while I was making the model, so I only got shots after I applied the wings and elevators. Sorry!

2u95mrq.png

sw6yoz.png

2rf7czc.png

I still have to buy some paint and do a little research on JG. 27's Emils in North Africa, so in the meantime I'd appreciate any tips, reference photos and comments!

-Arlo

Oops, my aplogies Arlo. Thoguht this was Ian's post. I wasn't quite awake yet I guess. Looking forward to more shots from you. Has it stopped raining in Manila?

Thanks for all the comments, guys and it has stopped raining here in Manila and back to the heat.

What particular aircraft do you have in mind?

I thought I'd base it on White 6, 3/JG.27 bsince it has a pretty basic paintscheme and the JG.27
scheme provided by Tamiya required mottling and I don't have experience in mottling yet. :rolleyes:

Do you know having a digi' camera is the worst thing ever !! when your taking photo's the batteries go dead it happens to me all the time. GGrrrrrrr

:lol: Well fortunately my cam's battery is rechargeable but the batteries are quickly drained
and I have to do the recharging process over and over again.

Again thanks for all the kind comments!

-Arlo

Long three (Or is it four?) month update. I've finally got my acrylics and I'm done with the third coat of paint for the nose. I don't have photos but I'll upload some later. And there is good news and bad news.

The good news is that the nose and rudder is nearly finished with the paint. :D

The bad news is I'm nearly out of thinner to paint the rest of it, and I still have to stencil my No. 6. :(

Update 2: I'm finished with the nose, rudder is 90% done and I'm too lazy to upload the pics. :lol:

Also, I've figured out how to do the 6, and that'll probably the fun part. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back