Bf 109G-10 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just one last question guys. How long can I typically leave my mask on the clear canopy without it screwing up the nice finish that the future gloss gave it.?

I want to start airbrushing soon but I know I wont get it done in one night because I want to take my time with it. Is it safe to leave it on there for a few days.

Just one last question guys. How long can I typically leave my mask on the clear canopy without it screwing up the nice finish that the future gloss gave it.?

I want to start airbrushing soon but I know I wont get it done in one night because I want to take my time with it. Is it safe to leave it on there for a few days.

Hi,
I think yes you can.Although I usually use for this Humbrol clear cote ( it doesn't mean if either gloss or matt) but not Future, in many cases I left these masked cockpit conopies for some days and there was no problem to remove the masking later.Besides if you used the Tamiya masking tape it would be better if you put the conopy into warm water for a while.This lets remove masking easier.

only a small note but at Anklam both the Bf 109G-6/AS, G-14/AS and G-10's were flying off the same field at the same time

Hi Erich,

Also good info there.
Do you have a pic of this "WHITE 9" accidentally?

Thanks Wurger. I'm not very technical when it comes to the Bf and FW but I do like to help. I thought I saw some photos at those websites I posted maybe they can help. The Kroatian machines look different altogether.

And you did friend.For sure you know that one of the Kroatian Bf109G-10s was used by 318 PAF Squadron in 1945.Probably it was Bf109G-10/AS.

Hi,
I think yes you can.Although I usually use for this Humbrol clear cote ( it doesn't mean if either gloss or matt) but not Future, in many cases I left these masked cockpit conopies for some days and there was no problem to remove the masking later.Besides if you used the Tamiya masking tape it would be better if you put the conopy into warm water for a while.This lets remove masking easier.

Cool thanks. I probably wont get started until tomorrow though now.

the 3 photos I have clearly show the RLM 76 blue-grey but not the nummers as it is too bright, in the background of 1 photo and it is small but you can see the tall tail wheel of the G-10 variant while next to it is a G-6/AS left over

incidently there never was a G-10/AS, they are all G-10's with the AS engine and components, this has been covered at great length since the early 1990's on the net via aviation forums

Well things are going good. I airbrushed my first coat of paint tonight and am letting it dry. I took some progress pictures and will post them probably tomorrow.

Lookin foward to seein ur pics Chris, as I am hesitant to start spraying mine, actually alittle scared... Imagine that, me scared of paintin a little plastic model..

HA!

Just take your time.

I was looking at the first coat that I sprayed on last night and I realized I made a mistake. I forgot to mask the engine exhaust. Oh well that is fixable. I will just masked around it at the end of the model and repaint it with brush. It is just a small part.

Sorry for the delay in the pics guys. I kind of screwed up my model but it is fixable. I mixed the paint to get the right colors but it did not look right once it dried. So I have painted another base coat over it and looked at some Bf 109 books I have and just used colors that I allready have that look pretty damn close to the color palletes I have in my books.

Either way I will post the pics tonight including the pics where it looked all wrong. Its been a good experience though and a good model to practice air brushing skills. Even if this one does not turn out the way I want it to, the experience was well worth it and the next model will only be better.

Just one more question though from the experienced guys.

Should I airbrush Future on the model before I put on the decals or should I airbrush a flat clear coat? What will give it a more realistic look to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back