Bf 109G-10

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think if you use an airbrysh for putting the Future liquid it will be with a thin layer.Then the decals should be done.The next step is to put a matt or semi-gloss cote.It'll make all surfaces of the model smooth nad matt or semi-gloss ( it depends on the cote you will use as a final varnish).So don't worry about it.:)

Yeah that is what I was thinking about doing. I will put future on before the decals and then after they dry airbrush on some Matt (Flatt) clear coat.

So you have been thinking correctly.It is a standard way for doing this.Contrary to WW1 planes, WW2 ones were matt painted and the Future liquid can be used as a "primer" for decal but not a final varnish.Certainly there are guys who used a mixture of Future and Tamiya X-21 Flat base in order to get semi-gloss textury on model.Personally I prefer matt cote for enamels or a mix of matt and gloss ones.There some links:

Future Floor Wax
What is Tamiy Flat base? - FineScale.com Forums

Chris did you say Christmas markt ? are you going to Nürnbergs ? I'd like to say pick me up some hot Wurst and a bier but don't think they would make it back here in one piece in the states..........sniff :cry:

so what G-10 have you decided on as I most probably missed something, am putting up more Christmas lights on the roof right now between the rain showers and hoping not to slip off and break my neck in the process

Something to add,
For sure you have seen the Bf109 pics at the Ppopsie's thread.The model looks really great but for me the bird is too shiny.It looks like a flugzeug im regen or being wet ,doesn't it.In all b&w pics I have ever seen the ww2 Bf109s are matt or semi-gloss but never gloss.According to my experience with Su-22 the matt paints went into semi-gloss and darker ones after a couple of years.What do you think about it Der Adler?

W : that is why I made comment. I will tell ya a little secret .ssshhhhhhhhh it's in my siggy.

10.(N)/JG 300 had several G-6/AS completely covered in high gloss spray on polish, one of them was all RLM 76 blue-grey, Weiße 8 and it was the fastest bird in the whole staffel which was oversized at 18 G's. just a reminder the nachtstaffel was for Mossie hunting only and several experiments were tried out for high performance some of the rigs were probably the fastest G-6/AS and G-14/AS in all of the LW gruppen in fall of 1944 ~ more in my book....... 8)

Chris did you say Christmas markt ? are you going to Nürnbergs ? I'd like to say pick me up some hot Wurst and a bier but don't think they would make it back here in one piece in the states..........sniff :cry:

No we went to the one in Dinkelsbuehl. We should be going to Nurnbergs in the next few weeks though.

Erich said:
so what G-10 have you decided on as I most probably missed something, am putting up more Christmas lights on the roof right now between the rain showers and hoping not to slip off and break my neck in the process

Well I was doing the JG 27 but as I said I mixed the different color paints to get the color needed (based off of what the instructions said) and the mixture did not turn out right.

So therefore my Bf 109G-10 is not going to be accurate but it should look pretty good. In the end it was worth it though because it helped me work out some Air Brush techniques and I think I was able to improve some things. By the time I make my next model it should be even better.

It was a good learning experience.

As soon as the paint dries eneogh for me to remove the masking I will post some pics tonight.

W : that is why I made comment. I will tell ya a little secret .ssshhhhhhhhh it's in my siggy.

10.(N)/JG 300 had several G-6/AS completely covered in high gloss spray on polish, one of them was all RLM 76 blue-grey, Weiße 8 and it was the fastest bird in the whole staffel which was oversized at 18 G's. just a reminder the nachtstaffel was for Mossie hunting only and several experiments were tried out for high performance some of the rigs were probably the fastest G-6/AS and G-14/AS in all of the LW gruppen in fall of 1944 ~ more in my book....... 8)

Ah ja...Das ist die interessant information
Vielen dank !

What do you mean by this?

The Su-22s in my unit were matt painted with Russian paints initially.Some years later the paints on planes got darker tonalities and became like the wet and polished ones.Their texture was different from later painted planes with Polish colours.

Ah I see what you are saying. Well all I know is that I dont want a glossy finish. Therefore I am going to use future before I put the decals on and then I am going to airbrush a flat (matt) clear coat over it.

Yeah I suck guys. I am sorry. I have all these pictures taken and I never make it to my computar at home. I am on my computer at work and I am not allowed to download pics onto it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back