Bf 110G-2 'Pulk-Zerstörer'....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tempting to do one of the ZG 76 birds in post #5, would these possibly have taken part in the 11 January '44 raid?

These 1/48 Quickboost MG 151/20 barrels, might come in handy....

Attachments

• Quickboost MG 151-20.jpg
    Quickboost MG 151-20.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 124
Jan I may have said this in past posting but here goes again................

one of the big probs is IDing the time frames using existing photographs of 110G-2's and their codes.

I. gruppe started using M8+ colored numeral in February of 44 maybe earlier. II. gruppe started using the code plus colored number in December of 1943, cannot tell for III. gruppe as month of activity in the losses records does not give the appropriate codes for any A/C. So for the big op on 11 January it is anyone's guess, I am assuming that II. gruppe did not use the full code but a colored numeral, the numeral could also through photos be put on the nose below the camera. I see a yellow 12 on one bird cracked up the spinners are solid black as an example.

so Dan you're next project will be a 110G-2 as well right ? 8)

lookin good Jan patience with yourself that is the key my eyes are so crap now I would not even be able to cut straight lines with an X-Acto if not take a finer off ............... ah well

let us know I will be there to help, or do a forward 6 2cm power wagon convert that would be interesting to see........

wish my eyes were better would luv to tackle a plastic model again, it's been way too many years

Its all about the pod mounted 3.7cm beast under her belly for me Erich... Someday I WILL build this one in 1:32nd with a resin set for the 3.7, open panels etc, really showcase the gun....

I have a slight love affair with the gun if u cant tell lol...

Nice work old chap !
When I did my 110G-4, I couldn't get the tape to conform and stick properly, so ended up free-hand painting most of the canopy - what an ache in the sphericals, I can tell you !

Cheers lads, appreciated! The Eduard Masks really makes things easier to, compared to cut yourself!

Erich, my next G-2 will be a six 2cm gun ship....those looong barrels in the nose just look bad*ss! :oops:

I believe that I do so my friend.... :D :lol:

Still got a few '110's to do, so how about it mate, another G-2 and a G-4 nightfighter? ;) :D :lol:

DSCF0002-117.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back