BikerBabe's photos (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi guys, and thanks for the nice words about my photos. ;)

Here's some of my fave pics from my holiday in Austria some years ago...gotta love that country, mountains and all. What a nature, what a country! :)
The pics may not be so great composition-wise, but they'll give you an idea of some of the incredibly beautiful places in Austria. ;)

1.: Baldie, shot at Burg Hohenwerfen, where they've got all kinds of predator birds - owls, eagles, vultures, falcons, you name it. They fly with the birds to show people how the birds hunt and fly - a very spectacular view, I promise you. ;)

2.: Burg Hohenwerfen, seen from the road to the castle.

3.: The view from the terrace at Kehlsteinhaus - Eagle's Nest.
The lake is as far as I remember, Königssee in southern Germany.

4.: The view from one of the vantage points near the mountain range that houses - among others - Grossglockner.

5.: Burg Hohenwerfen, shot from the outer courtyard. If you've got leg-, foot-, or back problems, don't go there, as it takes full mobility to move about. There is no level place, except in the rooms inside the castle! ;)

6.: The state room at Kehlsteinhaus, now a restaurant.

7.: Entrance to the elevator shaft at Kehlsteinhaus - broad enough for a car to go through the gates.
Btw, there's still an old WW2 germann submarine diesel engine as emergency backup for the elevator. It works perfectly.

8.: Old garages at Kehlstein. Actually, my then-boyfriend and I went down this little path in the forest to see what was there. We found these old garages that were barred for public entrance, and so we didn't really get a proper look inside, as there was all kinds of fallen stones, trees and stuff in front of the garages.
We continued down the little forest path, and got to a road block with a sign that stated that this area was closed to the public. Hm, how about closing off the other end of the path as well then? :lol:
As far as I know, these old garages was used by the elite troops who guarded Adolf Hitler's mountain retreat of Kehlsteinhaus. Fascinating stuff, when you're into historical things. ;)

9.: View from Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse.

10.: Obersee with Fischunkelalm [spelling?], shot from the Königssee side.

Attachments

• Rimg0006b.jpg
    Rimg0006b.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 252
  • Rimg0010b.jpg
    Rimg0010b.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 243
  • Rimg0023b.jpg
    Rimg0023b.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 241
  • Rimg0026c.jpg
    Rimg0026c.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 243
  • Rimg0030c.jpg
    Rimg0030c.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 243
  • Rimg0047b.jpg
    Rimg0047b.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 240
  • Rimg0046b.jpg
    Rimg0046b.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 249
  • Rimg0041b.jpg
    Rimg0041b.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 240
  • Rimg0040b.jpg
    Rimg0040b.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 241
  • Rimg0033b.jpg
    Rimg0033b.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 236
  • RIMG0053.JPG
    RIMG0053.JPG
    513.7 KB · Views: 248
Thanks guys *curtsies* - and yes, Austria is pretty darned nigh impossible not to get some nice pics of, no matter what the season! :lol:
I sure did enjoy our stay there - two weeks during the summer of '02, we had a great time and nice weather, roaming about in the Salzburg/southern Germany area, which I can recommend visiting, should you ever drop by. ;)
And Ontos - if Schloss Hohenwerfen seems somewhat familiar, it might not be so strange. It was used as a location, posing as Schloss Adler, for "Where Eagles Dare", the old war movie with Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood. ;)
Please see link: http://www.mindspring.com/~nisus/2002AT/html/Werfen.html

I'll see if I can find some more motorcycle shots...that shouldn't be entirely impossible... ;) *digs*

Last edited:
Hi again guys.

Here's a few pics from yesterday's motorcycle trip to Roskilde Airport with best buddy Jørn.
I wanted to go and check out the locations before the airshow in a few weeks, and so we did.
We experienced a few things out there, even though it was a lazy day with not much going on.

1.: The local sea rescue helicopter - unfortunately I had the sun a little to the right of me and in the face, so details are hid in the shadow. *growls*

2.: The 'copter zooming off - it returned a little while later with a lot of pitch black smoke billowing from the lower rear end.
Now - I don't know whether it was exhaust smoke or what, but it looked wrong, and apparently it was. More later on in the pic series.

3.: The locally based DC-3 landing. You can read about her history and the danish group, The DC-3 Friends, here: http://www.dc3vennerne.dk/english.htm

4.: She sure looks pretty in my eyes.

5.: There were actually three fire trucks approaching the helicopter, when it landed. Two large ones and the tiny one there - dunno what they're called in english.
At first the trucks stopped quite a distance away, then - prolly after having a talk with the pilot - they approached the helicopter and did a check-up on the fly thingy.

6.: ...and the local fire department guys and the police arrived as well.
It could have been a drill, but I'm not sure whether it was or not.
Anyway, all ended well, and that's the good thing. ;)

Attachments

• 0049.jpg
    0049.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 0086.jpg
    0086.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 190
  • 0107.jpg
    0107.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 184
  • 0125.jpg
    0125.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 0097.jpg
    0097.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 0137.jpg
    0137.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Great shots, and looks like you had some luck with the DC-3 being active!

Yeah, Helos aren't supposed to smoke like that :lol:

Here in the U.S., the large fire vehicles are generally referred to as "fire trucks" or "fire engines", the smaller vehicles (SUVs or Pickups) are just fire vehicles...there's no real official name for 'em. The smaller vehicles usually have a Chief or Battalion Chief, or Incident Commander in them.

Hi all, and thanks for the kind words yet again. ;) *curtsies*

GG: Thank you for the explanation about the 'copter and the fire engines/cars. ;)
I'm just glad that nothing worse happened to the helicopter and the crew on it, other than the various fire departments and the local coppers getting the excercise of the day. Phew! :)
Here in Denmark, the smaller fire vehicles usually carry the title of Fire Inspector on 'em; he's the boss on the scene, wherever they arrive.

Cavu: The jet on the helo pic is way up high, my guess is that it had recently taken off from Kastrup Airport, Copenhagen - I spotted it and waited with shooting the pic until both that and the helicopter was in the frame, then shot away. That pic is the best of them, the rest got so badly shaken that they were useless. :lol:
I guess there are limits to sequential shooting when it comes to not-so-fast-focusing DLSRs. ;)

And of course it wasn't until afterwards that I realised that I should have used my Konica Minolta Dimage Z6 instead of the new camera. The Konica's lens is small enough to fit though the holes in the fence, the Olympus' isn't...*palmface*
Plus the Knica's got a stronger zoom lens - 12 x optical - I outright refuse to use the digital zoom, as the quality isn't good enough in my not so humble opinion. :lol:
Ah well - at least I know that now for the air show, that's a good learning experience to keep in mind. ;)

My personal faves are the helicopter over the control tower, and the DC-3. :)

A few from my homepage:

Duc taking off. Shot last night at Langelinie. Nice bike - for an italian brand...*sigh* ;)

050.jpg

BMW R65 GS - one for the model description list on my homepage:

004.jpg

BMW R1150 GS design model from the factory - gas tank made of clay:

0092.jpg

Who said dramatic lighting? ;)

0205.jpg

Beauties on exhibit. Definite lots of drool material gathered in one room.

0148.jpg

A classic Harley.

0069.JPG

Erik Kristoffersen from the Police Museum, on the museum's old police motorcycle, the Nimbus "Stove Pipe" at the Skagen Race for vintage motorcycles.

0138.JPG

A four-wheeled classic showed up at the race as well, but didn't participate, as it was for motorcycles only.

0146.JPG

And with the old black vintage license plates, too.

0147.JPG

A beautiful old Moto Guzzi.

0163.JPG

A rarity: A Peugeot motorcycle.

0188.JPG

The "heart".

0189.JPG

And a detail.

0190.JPG

Catching more details.

0212.JPG

0162.JPG

0155.JPG

0052.JPG

0233.JPG

Front wheel brake - the old-fashioned BSA way.

0238.JPG

And yes, I *do* have a very soft spot for the vintage motorcycles and ditto cars...*sigh* ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back