Brad Pitt Buys A Spitfire

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I cringed when I heard this the other day... considering he was having trouble getting the hang of driving the Sherman, I can only echo Von Frag's comment...

He's learning to fly?
Ah, my youngest daughter is learning to drive - should I buy her a McClaren Mercedes F1 car ?
At least Gary Nuumann stuck to a Harvard !

He's learning to fly?
Ah, my youngest daughter is learning to drive - should I buy her a McClaren Mercedes F1 car ?
At least Gary Nuumann stuck to a Harvard !

Harvards aren't the easiest a/c to fly.

Numan is no mug and he knows how to fly.

He is a founding member of the "Harvard Formation Team" along with the late Norman Lees (killed in a Spitfire crash at Goodwood in 2000(?) ) and was instrumental in the formation of the "Radial Pair" aerobatic team which will be remembered by those who attended air shows in the UK during the nineties.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:
Numan is no mug and he knows how to fly.

He is a founding member of the "Harvard Formation Team" along with the late Norman Lees (killed in a Spitfire crash at Goodwood in 2000(?) ) and was instrumental in the formation of the "Radial Pair" aerobatic team which will be remembered by those who attended air shows in the UK during the nineties.

Cheers

Steve

Yep. I drove him down the grass runway at my local Aero Club - a short, bumpy runway, with a block of flats (and a cemetery!) at the end of it - so that he could see, and feel, where the lumps and bumps were, before taking off for his display in the Harvard. This was a year or two after he'd stuffed his other (twin) aircraft through a hedge, and he got a bit of a ribbing about that!

This was a year or two after he'd stuffed his other (twin) aircraft through a hedge, and he got a bit of a ribbing about that!

Indeed, you can do all that flying, even make a solo flight around the world.......then you run out of fuel once.......:)

Cheers

Steve

Angelina is constantly on his case about smoking pot. Just needed a high speed/high altitude, single seat airplane so she can't harsh his mellow. :rolleyes:

[Please God don't let this numbnuts crash this priceless piece of history. Amen.]

I can't think of a more perfect example of "thinning the herd" about to happen.
Shame he's gonna prang a spit in the process....
Of course, he may surprise us all and be one of the greats. Right up there with John E., and Bader, Tuck, Sailor....
No, ....He's gonna prang that spit.
Let us all have a moment of silence for an icon. A cultural treasure, one that made us all glad and touched our hearts. The Spitfire.

Here's hoping people don't start calling it a Spittfire...

The liberals will blame the crash and the death of a famous actor on the aircraft an then try to have Spitfires banned world wide.

"People don't kill people, guns and Spitfires do"

News at 6. "Famous actor Brad Pitt was killed today by a Pitspire. A World War 1 German jet fighter that fought at Pearl Harbor. Details at 10"

Ah! Maybe it's a R/C model Spitfire!
Well, we can live in hope, can't we .......................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back