Bristol Beaufighter Mk.VI, No. 603 "City of Edinburgh" Squadron Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi guys have the same model. Going to make up a aircraft from 488 Sqd.
The question I have is where does the squadron code letters go in relation to fuselage roundel.
Port and starboard.
So far only found two aircraft used by the squadron, with serial nos and letters.
Any help. Cheers

Well, time to get cracking on this one, eh? :oops: Was looking for better rockets to add to this bird and found this at Hannants....

Flightpath UK FHP48132 Aircraft detailing sets (mixed-media) 1:48 8 x RAF WWII 60lb Rocket Projectile Set. £5.50

Then I found these....
Aires AIRE4018 Aircraft detailing sets (resin) 1:48 WWII British rockets x 4 with choice of shapes of warhead. £8.99

Unfortunately there were no pics of the Flighpath set...:(

Attachments

• AIRE4018.jpg
    AIRE4018.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 83
  • AIRE4018_2.jpg
    AIRE4018_2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 71
A heck of a lot more expensive! Four for £8.99, as opposed to eight for £5.50?? I vaguely recall the Flightpath set, and seem to remember they were rather good,( as most of their stuff is) PE and resin I believe. But, the price seems low for their products - you sure you've got the prices the right way around. BTW, I can't find the spare RP's I had for you. I've found the fins (which are cr*p anyway), but cant find the RPs and rails!!
I think at £18 to furnish the Beau with RPs, the same price as the kit itself, I'd stick with the kit's own AP rockets!
EDIT:- Just noticed, there's only three rails and four RP's, two of which are 'piggy backed'. You might have to buy three sets to get the required number of rails, ie, eight rails and eight RP's.

Last edited:
Didn't say much more or anything on the Aires website. Find it strange though if the set only contains four rockets, since the Beaufighter, Typhoon etc. was equipped with EIGHT of them, right? I saw that Modelhobbies have the set might drop them a line, when I order some more paint shortly....

Yes, seems odd only having a set per wing - although a good earner! The 1/32nd scale sets from MDC are only (!) around £8 for a full (Typhoon) set of 8 RP's and rails, and include the saddles and the pigtails, and of course are much bigger, so good value overall. The price per set of four, and double-racked at that, (occassionally used on Typhoons, haven't seen them on Beaus) seems a bit steep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back