Bristol Beaufighter Mk.VI, No. 603 "City of Edinburgh" Squadron Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll have to check my Tamiya Beau, but as far as I can remember, the tailplanes are moulded upside down! I think the trim tab actuators are on the wrong side - top when they should be bottom, or vice versa. But I believe they are the wrong shape and size anyway, so you can just cut 'em off and replace with smaller ones, from rod or stretched sprue or whatever. I'll double check and let you know. They should show on the plans I sent you, given they are accurate of course!
One good thing about it though, if you wanted to model a Mk1, or earlier MkVI, you can just swap the tailplanes around, and, Hey Presto! Horizontal 'planes, no dihedral!!

Yep, it is as I thought. For some unknown reason, Tamiya have moulded the trim-tab actuators on the tops of the tailplanes. They should be on the bottom, and nowhere near as large, or 'solid' as provided. The were 'open', without a cover, and can be easily made from stretched sprue, as they only just show anyway in 1/48th scale. You could even get away with cutting off the moulded ones, sanding smooth, and leaving it at that old boy.

Well, since it's almost impossible to get some sleep because of the roadworks outside, I'm tooling with the Beaufighter. Hopefully, I should get some shuteye later....

Pics later....

Right, this is what I've been up to today.....

DSCF0011-26.jpg

The decal seatbelts.....

DSCF0006-30.jpg

DSCF0007-30.jpg

DSCF0008-26.jpg

DSCF0014-18.jpg

DSCF0019-14.jpg

DSCF0013-17.jpg

DSCF0016-12.jpg

DSCF0021-14.jpg

...and the instrumentpanel.

DSCF0012-21.jpg

DSCF0005-40.jpg

DSCF0023-8.jpg

DSCF0024-7.jpg

DSCF0026-7.jpg

DSCF0031-4.jpg

Attached to the fuselage halves....

DSCF0033-2.jpg

DSCF0034-4.jpg

DSCF0035-3.jpg

DSCF0036-2.jpg

That's all for now folks.....

I say old boy, looks rather spiffing don't you know! I've only just noticed, there were decals for the instrument panel! B*gger! I didn't know, and painted my Tamiya one! You've not painted the compas old boy; it can still be reached - grey body, black top, with white lubber lines, then a quick spot of Klear to glaze.
Strange how the Cockpit Green never looks the right colour in pics isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back