British Sailors seized by Iran.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

While I am of a different opinion of the Arabs and agree more with bomber on this, I have to agree with you on what you are saying Hunter. For someone who is "not all stupid" that was a pretty dumb comment.

And since I will not tolerate dumb comments like that made about the US, British, German, anyone really unless it is made in a joking manner I will not tolerate this as well.

How could this end peacefully? The Iranians seem only to want to give up the Servicemen if we apologize, but we know from GPS that we weren't actually in Iranian waters. And could a modern-day, democratic nation get away with lying so blatantly?

How could this end peacefully? The Iranians seem only to want to give up the Servicemen if we apologize, but we know from GPS that we weren't actually in Iranian waters. And could a modern-day, democratic nation get away with lying so blatantly?

LOL ever single nation on this planet lies. Just some of them are much worse then us. We all have lied for our benefit at one time or another.

-USA
-Canada
-UK
-Germany
-List goes on and on.

But the fact is Iran Gov is evil through and through.

Because we're not all stupid...

Just how would this suggestion get those sailors back... or is that a secondary concern to just smacking a few ragheads ?

Are we suddenly expecting the Iranians and the Muslim world to suddenly become reasonable because we've blown up their citizens.. ?

Now I don't know the answer, but I'm sure that an out and out fist fight live on CNN isn't it either... We Brits are a bit more subtle than that and I'd like to think that our leaders first thoughts are about getting those sailors home to their families and if that means lieing through our teath on TV, making some bullshit apology then that's what needs to be done. When that's acheived we'll make our true feelings known to em.... sublty... in the dark, so they'll not forget.

Simon

Inetersting comments, Mr Simon. You made it clear that you believe you are of superior intellect. That is exactly the dangerous attitude that I feel pervades much of Britain. The Britain of old carried a big stick. That's the only thing much of that culture understands. Such a subdued response I fear is likely to do more harm to Britain in the future. The US response in 79 didn't do much good. But I must just be stupid.

1stLt M. F. Kloby

Negotations. 444 days of negotiations. Remember President IamAMeanOleWackJob was directly involved in past hostage situations and thus this is right up his alley of how to operate. Simon, I personally am dis-gusted that your pacifist, negotiate at all costs attitude, is becoming more and more pervasive in a world where a significant portion of the populace is willing to blow up their kids to kill westerners.

Hell the EU, Iran's largest trading partner, cannot even direct a passive/non-military response of ceasing economic trade in support of this incident in combination with nuclear weapon ambitions by a known terrorist state. So negotiate. Have tea and crumpets with these evil killers of democracy and freedom. Apologize on behalf of all Brittania for whatever slights they perceive and fabricate on your country's behalf. Lick their persian boots which are coated with the pride that they apparently ****-kicked out of the England of old and her commonwealth. Throw a pint back in honor, as you negotiate with Theocratic baby killers. Cheers. It's all good. And do me a favor. Kiss your little girl on the forehead and tell her "Daddy will protect you". Because the spread of fundemental Islam will ensure she is a uneducated sexslave, having no rights and subject to the same respect and physical discipline as the mongrel dog on the street. So chin up, Simon. You are representative of enlightened. The new British. And you should be most proud, mate. :sad3:

and sadly we go off to have the 666 printed in our foreheads to be ever proclaimed as robotic slaves

it's coming

enough of this pansy mamby attitude. England go get your people back and then slam the door in those Tehranian goons faces

Where have you been kid? These modern-day democratic nations lie out of there teeth every day. They are called politicians and it is what they do.

I don't know if a politician would take a risk as bad as apologising publicly to the Iranians, In front of everyone in Britain who know for sure that it is all false, and be lashed by the media.

Then again, Blair is already on the way out anyways...

I believe the Royal Navy should mobilise its assets and sail a combat fleet into Iranian waters blockading all their ports. Then tell Iran that British personnel are in their waters now, what are they going to do about it?

Then order the release or the Iranian "navy" will be destroyed with its ports, oil facilities will be wrecked and Tornado's will be busting up any nuclear technology. This doesn't need to be an invasion, so the military assets do not need to be large. We shouldn't plan on an occupation so massive manpower is not required. Just hit the country to its knees then back away.

Nice plan D. I would think that this would have some effect on them. I am all for negotiation's but I don't believe that they are going to have any really progress here. The Iranians have already decided that they are not going to release them until they get an apology from us that they were in "Iranian" waters. F*ck that. Sod the apology we should just send them a note along the lines of a single word rebuke (such as "NUTS") and then blockade them and bomb them until they release the West isn't as stupid as they think they are and that in fact they will not stand for the Iranians BS anymore.

I don't know if a politician would take a risk as bad as apologising publicly to the Iranians, In front of everyone in Britain who know for sure that it is all false, and be lashed by the media.

Then again, Blair is already on the way out anyways...

They will not apologise for something they did not do wrong, it will not happen. British troops did nothing wrong, this is Iran just trying to gain face and embarress the West (trying to look good to their people and the rest of the people in Middle East)

Iran cares about appearing as the leader of the Middle East, it wants to be a big player in the Middle East.

They are doing a good job up to this point, they had better be careful not to over play their hand though. If they do this could all back fire in their faces.

are you guys forgetting the USS Pueblo or SS Mayaguez and US reaction

One good point PB. The other not so good. But nope. Not forgotten on me at any rate.

USS Pueblo should serve as a reminder of what not to do. And let's not forget that at the height of the Cold War, Russia/China were just looking for a reason bang on us. I think the immediate military repercussions associated with strikes against NK are apparent. Not so with Iran.

And SS Mayaguez? We initiated military action. Perhaps not the proper military action, but Ford recognized the failure to act in earlier instances was an improper response for world consumption. Therefore, this example actually reinforces the need to throttle Iran's leadership.

it all depends on how Blair and the govt responds and acts and yes Iran can keep them all-split up and housed seperately or cut their throats and bury them in un-marked sands

you are to young to remember the US embassy fiasco of years back. what a frickin joke pulling concessions and making idle threats on them and they kept the hostages for a year beating the crap out of them when and how they wished.........

it's time to quit acting like pussies and start acting like real men

The Iranians know they have f$%ked up. I think they will foolishly persist in their present course of action in order to try and save face.

We tried appeasement to are eternal same in 38 and looked what happened. These guys need to know we won't be walked over. If we do ***** around it will only allow the flood gates to open and every other despotic country with an axe to grind will have a pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back