Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work on the creek, the muted colors give it an nice feel, well done!

And great job on the B-17, but you'll have to look at the entire picture and consider what you'll lose if you crop the fence out. See the Autumn colors in the background? Things like that give it a certain perspective and the fence isn't intruding/distracting on the overall composition. Make a copy of the shot, crop it and see what you think.

Shot this last spring.

Attachments

• 05 28 12_0200 resized 25 legal.jpg
    05 28 12_0200 resized 25 legal.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 49
I have done a lame job of keeping this thread moving the last few months so I decided to take a hike yesterday and get some shots. Still learning how to best use my new prime lens. Let me know how I did on the macro shots.

Attachments

• IMG_7240 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_7240 resized 25 legal.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7243 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_7243 resized 25 legal.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7245 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_7245 resized 25 legal.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7246 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_7246 resized 25 legal.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7249 cropped legal.jpg
    IMG_7249 cropped legal.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7253 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_7253 resized 25 legal.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7235 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_7235 resized 25 legal.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 50
Some very nice pics Aaron and those Macro shots are great particularly the 4th one down, the fungi colouring is amazing. It should also be possible for you to get even closer with the Macro, with cropping of shots and the lens, you will get some amazing stuff.

Hey Aaron, if that is frog spawn in the second to last pic, you should go back next week and catch all the tadpoles and the a bit later all the frogs. They'd make some good pics.

Nicely captured, Aaron. Do you use photoshop when editing? The reason I ask is that one of the thing that I would suggest on the macros is a slight bump in the saturation using the Hue/Saturation tool. The photos are great as they are, but a slight bump will pop the colors.

Good stuff Aaron!

Thank you Wayne. I am getting use to new lens.

I am not sure, Aaron, if this phrasing is appropriate for your new shots but the Scales have dropped from my eyes!
:shock:

Thank you Shinpachi, you are most kind sir.:oops:

Some very nice pics Aaron and those Macro shots are great particularly the 4th one down, the fungi colouring is amazing. It should also be possible for you to get even closer with the Macro, with cropping of shots and the lens, you will get some amazing stuff.

Thank you Vic, the second fungi shot is at full size and cropped. The lens has a setting on it that indicates feet and meters and I am assuming that it is the distance you must be from the subject for the focus to work properly. I had it pretty close on the cropped shot.:)

Awesome my friend!

Thank you David. We need to set a date for the Warbirds Museum in Sevieville, Tn. sometime soon.

Hey Aaron, if that is frog spawn in the second to last pic, you should go back next week and catch all the tadpoles and the a bit later all the frogs. They'd make some good pics.

Vic, if I am not mistaken they are treefrogs. I intend to go back next Saturday and check them out. There were about five or six small frogs jumping into the water which is what got my attention to begin with. It was surprising because the temp was in the upper 40s F so it was not warm buy any means but they were out.

Nicely captured, Aaron. Do you use photoshop when editing? The reason I ask is that one of the thing that I would suggest on the macros is a slight bump in the saturation using the Hue/Saturation tool. The photos are great as they are, but a slight bump will pop the colors.

I do use Elements 7 Eric. I will give it a try and see what happens. I am still trying to find the button to do the watermarks. I have gone from your instructions and it's not there. Having switched hard drives and transferred everything it may have lost some of the program. Not sure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back