Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks ontos. Went out and shot some barns today. I just couldn't get it to click though. Think I've got too much on my mind. most of these are underexposed but there are a couple of decent ones.
IMG_3210 resized 25.jpg

IMG_3218 resized 25.jpg

IMG_3219 resized 25.jpg

IMG_3225 resized 25.jpg

IMG_3226 resized 25.jpg

Nice, Aaron. Part of the exposure problem is the stark contrast between the sky and the barn. If the sky is correct, the barn may be underexposed where if the barn looks right the sky is overexposed. Tough situation to shoot in. The key for those is to try and get the sun behind you, that way it lights the subject better. I know that is not always possible, but it is really the only way to go with that much starkness of contrast.

I would say that images 1 and 3 have a certin quality to them, though...all are great scenery, real beautiful countryside!

Also, the way the road curves in contrast to the hills in photo 3 along with the positioning of the barn in the image makes for a good photo :thumbleft:

I would say that images 1 and 3 have a certin quality to them, though...all are great scenery, real beautiful countryside!

Also, the way the road curves in contrast to the hills in photo 3 along with the positioning of the barn in the image makes for a good photo :thumbleft:

GG, I stepped out of the Jeep and without checking settings or anything like that just shot it and it turned out better than the rest of them by far. Sorry for the mood today guys, please forgive me and thank you very much for browsing and the advice.:oops:

GG, I stepped out of the Jeep and without checking settings or anything like that just shot it and it turned out better than the rest of them by far. Sorry for the mood today guys, please forgive me and thank you very much for browsing and the advice.:oops:
Hey Aaron, no need to apologize, we all have off days...this year so far has been an off day for me. But, whatcha gonna do? :lol:

Just for the heck of it, I popped two of the barn photos through Photoshop, I hope you don't mind. But the idea was to show ya' that even photos you aren't happy with can be "adjusted" to a certain degree...so before you write off a photo, consider workin' a little magic on 'em with an imaging program like Photoshop...

They were done on the quick because I gotta get dinner, but see what you think:

Attachments

• Aaron_barn1[mod].jpg
    Aaron_barn1[mod].jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Aaron_barn3[mod].jpg
    Aaron_barn3[mod].jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 92

Users who are viewing this thread

Back