Brooks' Photos (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm getting back to my translation work on my own thread.
Thanks for sharing the great nature of your country.

Your welcome Shinpachi. The Hot Rod Power Tour showed up today at Thunder Valley in Bristol TN. so I went out for a little while and took some photos.
IMG_3065 resized 25.jpg

IMG_3082 resized 25.jpg

IMG_3088 resized 25.jpg

IMG_3090 resized 25.jpg

IMG_3093 resized 25.jpg

IMG_3124 resized 25.jpg

IMG_3066 resized 25.jpg

IMG_3067resized 25.jpg

IMG_3071 resized 25.jpg

IMG_3072 resized 25.jpg

Viking, I know it is based on a 1940 Ford but the rear of the car is custom for I have never seen a factory body that resembles anything even close to that. It may be a Mercury.:dontknow: I thought it was interesting so I shot it.:oops:

Unless they changed the grille, it sure looks like a 40 Ford! :lol:

I know they changed the windsheild for much more modern glass and eliminated the "B" pillars and door frames, so they may have gone with a Ford grille too...each side of the Lincoln's grille turned down to a point in the center followed by sheet metal, making it look like the hood came to a point at the bumper...no matter though, it's still unusual and very cool!

That's the beauty of customs...they can be anything they want to be!

The more I look at it it looks like they've taken another modern car and turned it into a 40 Ford. The doors are not of period and the main structure is totally different.:dontknow: Honestly, I have no clue and that eats at me something fierce!:mad:

The more I look at it it looks like they've taken another modern car and turned it into a 40 Ford. The doors are not of period and the main structure is totally different.:dontknow: Honestly, I have no clue and that eats at me something fierce!:mad:
Don't let it bug ya' too much, just go with it!

I've built many customs over the years, and in some cases, I used parts from vehicles you'd never guess in a hundred years. The main objective was to create a one of a kind that no one else had done yet!

The only way to know for sure, is to find the owner and ask 'em what it used to be...then eyeball it and see what all the modifications were made from. It can be kind of a fun game, really!

Just a small example out of a huge number of past projects would be my '54 Ford Customliner project years ago. It had '89 Corvette tail lights, a 409 from a 1963 Impala, a '79 Pinto (yes, Pinto) rack and pinion and so on. Had an S&R subframed narrowed 9" with Mickey Thompson Sportsmans all the way around on custom black anodized Centerline classics. The body was highly customized (chopped, dropped, etc) and the engine (and compartment) was done in black and copper (that was real copper, either plated or cast accessories).

There were other '54 Fords at the cruises and show-n-shines, but nothing like mine. That's what it was all about. Make 'em do a double-take and you're getting all the attention!

Don't let it bug ya' too much, just go with it!

I've built many customs over the years, and in some cases, I used parts from vehicles you'd never guess in a hundred years. The main objective was to create a one of a kind that no one else had done yet!

The only way to know for sure, is to find the owner and ask 'em what it used to be...then eyeball it and see what all the modifications were made from. It can be kind of a fun game, really!

Just a small example out of a huge number of past projects would be my '54 Ford Customliner project years ago. It had '89 Corvette tail lights, a 409 from a 1963 Impala, a '79 Pinto (yes, Pinto) rack and pinion and so on. Had an S&R subframed narrowed 9" with Mickey Thompson Sportsmans all the way around on custom black anodized Centerline classics. The body was highly customized (chopped, dropped, etc) and the engine (and compartment) was done in black and copper (that was real copper, either plated or cast accessories).

There were other '54 Fords at the cruises and show-n-shines, but nothing like mine. That's what it was all about. Make 'em do a double-take and you're getting all the attention!
Sounds like it was quite a nice ride. Do you have any pictures of it.8)

Great waterfall shot...you really live in a nice area! :thumbleft:
Sounds like it was quite a nice ride. Do you have any pictures of it.8)
It really was and sadly, no. Back in the late 90's, one of those things happened in life that can't be avoided, and I lost about 90% of all that I owned, including most of my photo albums and so on. Also happened that my '54 Ford was amongst those things.

I'm glad that I still have the few things around here that escaped that fiasco, but such is life, and we learn and move on.

Very impressive shots Aaron, thats quite a collection you've got there, nicely done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back