Brooks' Photos (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great scenic snow shots Aaron, and nice work on the 'Woody'. Reminds me slightly of the old Ford 'Shooting Brake' my Dad had when I was a kid, the one with real wood panels and frames, much more angular than the 'Woody' - probably worth a fortune these days.

Looks cute, Aaron!

Thank you Shinpachi.:oops:

That is so cool Aaron and nice shots. Can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Thank you Merv. We have done all of the other sheetmetal and it is with the owner awaiting the arrival of the car. Once they get it put together, we will put the woodgrain decals on. I will get more photos then.

Thank you Wurger.:oops:

Great scenic snow shots Aaron, and nice work on the 'Woody'. Reminds me slightly of the old Ford 'Shooting Brake' my Dad had when I was a kid, the one with real wood panels and frames, much more angular than the 'Woody' - probably worth a fortune these days.

Thank you Terry. :oops: I looked up Ford Shooting Brake and found a boat load of different cars, even a Mustang wagon. What year was your dad's?

Lovely shots Brooks!

Thank you Andy.:oops:

Aaron, I was about five years old, so that would be 1957. But the car was older, probably late 1940's or very early 1950's - it might even have been just pre-war, as I've seen pics of similar vehicles in RAF use in WW2, but I doubt it !
I think it was the 'Shooting Brake' version of the (British) Ford Popular, the quaint name being a carry-over from early motor cars used by the gentry when out shooting Grouse etc, and roughly equivalent to the American 'Station Wagon' or, as we call them in the UK these days, 'Estate Cars' .

Did it look anything like this Terry?

Attachments

• 51-Ford_ShootingBrake_DV-08_BC_a03.jpg
    51-Ford_ShootingBrake_DV-08_BC_a03.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 62
Could be about right I would think - it wasn't that old as I remember it from a five or six year old's view, and of course back then, didn't look 'vintage', especially as there were far, far fewer cars on the road in the UK. We were one of the few families in our 'street' (it was a large, horse-shoe shaped drive of around maybe 100 or 150 semi-detached houses) who actually owned a car.
I remember my Mum had fitted curtains to the rear windows, so that on the return journey from, say, the Northumberland coast in the evening, after a long day on the beach, which, in those days, took around an hour and a half via narrow country lanes, me and my older sister could lie down on the rear bench seat and go to sleep !
I'd love to be able to see one of those vehicles now, and if I had the space, and the spare dosh to run and maintain it, I'd ,like to own one too !

I went back to Gentry Falls yesterday. Nowhere near the snow but still a trying hike. The stream was a bit deep at all 17 crossings. I was the only out there and it was peaceful and nature quiet. Took quite a few photos, I will post them in several segments. Here are the first of them.

Attachments

• IMG_0173 resized 20  legal.jpg
    IMG_0173 resized 20 legal.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0177 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    IMG_0177 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0183 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    IMG_0183 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0198 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    IMG_0198 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0221 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    IMG_0221 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 59
Thanks guys.:oops: All of these were shot on Center Weighted Metering with my 6D and 50mm lens. Here are some more.

Attachments

• IMG_0236 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    IMG_0236 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0242 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    IMG_0242 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0249 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    IMG_0249 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0260 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    IMG_0260 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg