Brooks' Photos (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Really nice shots!

I've heard legends about the tree skulls, never seen one in person though!

Are those trestles still in use?

The trestles are now part of the Creeper Trail that runs along an old rail road bed utilizing the trestles. As for the skull, I was wandering around under trestle number 38 when I spotted it hanging on the tree. I know you all probably think I'm setting these skulls up but honestly I shoot them like I find em. The two trestles are within a hundred yards of each other also. It is a part of the trail that I have not been on before. Thank you for the compliments guys.

I believe you about finding the skulls like they are, I've come across a few that had been placed on rocks or stumps over the years. Found a very old Cougar skull hung on a long dead tree once, we removed it for a moment to get a better look at it, and found it was hung on a wrought (square) nail. Been there quite a while!

As far as the trestles go, they just had a look of no longer being maintained, that's why I asked. It's cool to come across old structures like that, and makes for some great scenery shots!

Thank you Eric. I'm learning how to change the color scale within the camera to get the overpowering colors toned down. I got 1 quarter put on Saturday. Had to leave the clamps on for ten hours and I took the picture just before I left.

Last edited:
Well after an hour plus of reading and looking some very nice work there Arron.I especially like the nature pics and some very nice country up there in VA.You had a series of shots of cars going down a street with a woman in the street,a cruise event?We have ours coming up in October last year had 5000+ cars signed up plus those that just show!I will try to get some pics on Friday and Saturday night if you don't mind and they will definitly not be of your quality Sir.It was back before Katrina on one cruise I never seen so many Hemi-Mopars and that friggin radical sound of the cam all over the place.keep up the good work.Cheers Kevin

Great shots Aaron, the Trestle pictures are very, very well done, you are becoming a well seasoned photographer. I want a vacation so I can go there, beautiful country. 8)

Hi, Aaron. You have changed even ironworks into ART
Thank you Shinpachi. That's a shot of my El Camino. I'm finally getting to work on my own vehicle in the evenings now.
More pics of your cars please Aaron
is that your workshop? I'd kill for that much indoor space
Thank you Colin.The last shot was of my car, the other shots have been of customers vehicles.
Thank you javlin. I would love to see your shots. Sounds like it's an extremely large cruise and show.
Interesting shot with the clamps, reminded me of Pinhead. Did you have to put heavy duty shocks in to support the weight of all the clamps and vise grips?
Eric, the sad part is the clamps on the panel are probably worth more than the car.
Great shots Aaron, the Trestle pictures are very, very well done, you are becoming a well seasoned photographer. I want a vacation so I can go there, beautiful country. 8)
Thank you Ontos. You ought to come on out, we have quite a few bed and breakfast inns here in town. In fact, one of the guys in the camera club runs one. I can see if I can try to maybe get a discount( ) for you but don't hold your breath.8)

Thank you Wayne. I was sanding on the Camaro hood today and had a bench sitting beside the area I was working in. It had a few towels piled up on one end of it. Well I'm sanding away and after a while I notice something bobbing back and forth out of the corner of my eye on top of the towels. I stop and take a look and it quit moving. It was a praying mantes. Each time I moved the sanding stick her head would move with the stick. It was quite comical to say the least. I did stop and take a few shots.

Users who are viewing this thread