Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

When I was in my twenties, I loved reading books on 19th century America including some novels.
"The Love Letter" by Jack Finney fascinated me very much because I could fully understand what the author wanted to tell. He was missing modest and shy girls of the past century as well as antique goods....maybe.

Sorry, Aaron, but this might be a good chance for me.... it would be my pleasure, if I could happen to have your comment about the work or the author. As you may know it well, the story was very short and I have found it out on the internet again. 21st century is superb!
Jack Finney: Work (The Love Letter)

Thanks in advance.

Aaron and Shinpachi, you struck my curiosity reference "The Love Letter", so I went to the site listed, great story. I remember seeing a movie by the same name. I understand the feeling of maybe you should have lived in a different time. I have all the letters written by my great grandfather to my grandmother when they were courting, during the Civil War. The letters are so poetic, and beautifully written. I will cherish them always. My grandfather was in the Union Army.

That, my friend, is a bl**dy good pic !

Got to say it mate, your pics have improved no-end !. Even without the effects of photo editing software, your skill at photo composition, capture and presentation have without doubt advanced considerably since those first shots.

Consider your back, well and truly 'patted' !!!

Looking forward to some more shots, keep 'em coming !

Thank you Gary, but if it were not for the coaching and critiquing that you guys have given me I would have become frustrated to no end and given up. I owe you all a lot and I still have a lot to learn. Thank you very much.

I have found out View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDuJVnU0Gs.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_S.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 100
Ok Eric, I got a friend of mine to come over and sort out the problems I was having with PSE7 and it seems to be working a lot smoother now. I went back and edited a couple of the shots you wanted to see in black and white and aged them a little. I hope you like them cause different people like different things.

Bl**dy brilliant my good man!
Btw, I've got a mission for you.... Do you have any idea of what's left of the old N&W, where they ran their, what was the name again..... "Virginia Creeper"? Wasn't that their Abingdon branchline, or am I well off the track now?

Norfolk Southern now runs on all of the old Norfolk Western lines now. The present day Creeper Trail started as a private venture and I'm not sure by whom, I will have to do some checking, but some Norfolk Western engines did run on it and they may have purchased the line at some point. Again, I will have to do some checking.

Users who are viewing this thread