Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I got to the Saturday night Cruise In late and this was sitting in the parking lot. It was all but dark but I wanted shots of this cause I think they are COOOOOOLLL. Hope you guys like it. I had to run it through PS so you could see it.

Attachments

• IMG_2573 adjusted resized 25 legal.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2575 adjusted resized 25 legal.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 62
Yeah, I had my ISO at 400 but it should have been 800 or better. I was enamored with the car I forgot to fine tune the camera. Thank you Eric.

That happens to us all. I got excited to catch a T-28 cross-wind landing at Riverside a couple of year ago forgetting that I had been doing night photography with the camera a few nights before. Picture 1/10 shutter speed at 500mm. It definitely wasn't good. At least you could eke something out with Photoshop. What I ended up with was crap. But some may call it "art".

Thank you folks. The car is set up old school, 348 Tri-Power with a PowerGlide transmission, I believe. Eric, I just flat out forgot about the ISO setting, one of my HUTA moments.

Last edited:
These were at the coffee shop this morning. Only one person came to mind when I saw these. Two BMW R-1200GSs.

Attachments

• IMG_2589 adjusted resized 25 legal cropped.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2590 adjusted resized 25 legal.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Thanks guys. I found a water fall today and got some decent photos. Most of these were shot at 3.5 to 5.0 F/stop and 1/13 to 1/80 shutter speed due to the lack of light.

Attachments

• IMG_2646 Gentry Falls Resized 25 legal.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2667 Gentry Falls resized 25 legal.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2630 Gentry Falls resized 25 legal.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2657 Gentry Falls Resized 25 legal.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 60
Thank you Eric and David , it was a four mile hike to the falls and the mosquitos had me outnumber a billion to one but it was gorgeous up there. I took a panoramic but I don't think the forum will let it post large enough to view it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread