Building a Luftwaffe Diorama.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff my friend, and really shows the variety in colour schemes. From the second pic onwards, they all appear to have the dark yellow base colour, with heavy mottle or stripes of the greens and brown. The one with lighter 'squiggles' I would think had been done to lighten the scheme slightly, to suit a change of terrain or season.

THX my friend. Here is another fuel truck that could be used.. Mercedes-Benz LG3000 Kfz.384 Wehrmacht/Luftwaffe tankwagen.

a.jpg

Thank you so much guys! It a bit hard for me to determine what color those would be due to the black and white images.

As mentioned, apart from one, they all appear to have the dark yellow as a base colour, with a very heavy mottle/stripe of the dark green and dark red-brown, allowing only small areas of the yellow to show. The one with 'squiggles' all over it I presume has been modified locally at the time, and looks like the 'squiggles are also the dark yellow.This is possibly confirmed by the tones in the terrain shown in the photos.
(The last one shown, the Mercedes, is an earlier period, in grey, confirmed by the uniform style.)

Great photos Wojtek. Any ideas what antikfuchs means? It seems to point mostly at the numerals. Google Translate says "Antique fox".

Geo

THX George. I think the "antikfuchs" is a nickname of the guy who sells pictures on E-bay. Anyway your translator is right. It means "antique fox" or just "old fox".

The one on the right (yellow tail) is JG 26 Hptm Jassef Priller and the one on the Left is JG 51 Hotm Hienrigh Kraaft Ecay. Both fought in JG 51 during their time in service and if I researched it right, both fought on the eastern front. Now, they probably didn't fight in JG51 and on the Eastern front at the same time, but to me, that's okay.

I will add more details to the planes later. Working on a fuel truck and figurine practice now.

Yeah I figured so, but that's okay. I'm not going for 100% accuracy. Perhaps there was a specific situation that required him to land in the eastern front. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back