Chino 2007 Airshow

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Any hotel recommendations are appreciated. I am by nature a country boy
and the LA area rattles me. I will seriously try to make this one.

I don't know the cost difference, but flying into Ontario Airport would be closer and easier than flying into LAX. I don't know of any hotels nearby as it's a local show for me. Let me see what I can find out.

It's no good Eric what ever the missus says Im going to get state side to catch a show can't this year she's allready raided the piggy bank for Italy but I've just got to do one soon apso-bleeding-lutely brilliant, as for Bates motel I hear his moms a real looker but the showers could do with a clean.

Woops!

Well, I love her to much. She's to good for me. Seems strange for a 17 year old to say, but hell, a real life Romeo and Juleit story I guess. Except the death part....

Hello Everone Glad too be able too get into here Chino is Like Warbird Heaven Only Better There` Angels Fly....... Long Remember The RB-51 Red Baron Mr. Steve Hinton For what He and The whole Chino Group has added too Aviation Hooooooooo-Rayyyyyyyy

Latest info from someone at POF:

No F-22 this year, sadly. The P-59 is iffy, it may or may not be ready in time, but if it is, it will fly!

BIGGEST BADDEST MOST AWESOME NEWS!!!
2 (TWO) P-38s will be in formation (Glacier Girl and 23 Skidoo) and there may be more than 2 in the formation! Schedule is imminent on the website. Stay tuned.

Man, I am getting even more excited about this show now!

One day I will make the trip, one day hehehehehe.

I imagine I would be in heaven for a long time, sooooo many warbirds!
Definetly would have to make a trip to March AFB since my dad was stationed there in the 60s.

A P38 from Chino did make it to Charleston a couple of years ago, first time I had seen one up close, that is one sweet bird!

Wilco, but my eyes (and lens) will be on the sky most of the day. Once flying starts there, it's non-stop. But there is some lull in the morning and there should be time to find them, if they are around. I will be meeting a P-38 vet this spring/summer that was part of the 94th FS (Hat in Ring) of the 1st FG by the name of Robert Harris. He is the uncle of one of my coworkers.

1st fg eh ..may I make a request and have a signature of him put on something ? would the veteran be Francis "Bucky" Harris the CO of the 94th fs ?

no doubt Eric they guys wil be milling around the P-38's before they take off

wishing I could be there to witness this ........

E ~

thanks Eric, hmmmmmmmm now to find the guy somewhere in the squadron logs. do you have any info to share on the gent here ?..... dates of service in the 94th fs ?

E ~

From what I understand, he was with them in North Africa before going to the Pacific. He flew a P-38 called "Viking". I have seen a picture of it. I haven't spoken to him yet.

ah so he did not stay with the 1st fg all war. thanks for that as it helps put things in perspective. now to see if a pic of his 38 is hiding somewhere on the net .......

No, as far as I know, he was with them in North Africa AND the Pacific. Sorry, that wasn't clear initially. The pic I saw was brought in by his niece. I haven't seen a pic of that plane on the net, but it might be out there somewhere. I haven't done much digging on him as I know I will be speaking with him this spring/summer. There is a tentative plan to have him come to the Camarillo show in August.

Schedule posted:
11:15 - 11:25 :National Anthem and Missing Man Formation
Grumman Ironworks Flight F3F, Wildcat, Hellcat, Tigercat, Bearcat, Avenger

11:35 - 11:40 :Silver Wings
Stearman Biplane Wing Walking Act by Hartley Folstad and Margi Stivers

11:40 - 12:10 :pacific Air Battle
Hurricane, Spitfire, Wildcat, Hellcat, Dauntless, Corsair, Zero, Warhawk, Lightning, Mustang

12:10 - 12:25 :Tumbling Bear
Rob Harrison and his Zlin 50 Aerobatics

12:25 - 12:55 :Military Re-enactors Ground Combat Demo
with Sherman Tank.

12:25 - 12:55 - Chino Airport open for normal flight operations

12:55 - 1:25 :Korean Air War
L-5, T-6 Texan, P-51 Mustang, F4U Corsair, Skyraider, T-33 Shooting Star, F-86 Sabre, MiG 15

1:25 - 1:55 :Tailhook Legacy Flight
US Navy F-18 Super Hornet Tactical Demonstration and F8F Bearcat Formation

1:55 - 2:10 :Brian Sanders Sea Fury Aerobatics

2:10 - 2:50 :Air Power Formation Flight- Massive Gaggle of Warbirds

2:50 - 3:05 :Lightning Strikes!
Formation of Three P-38s

3:05 - 3:40 : USAF Heritage Flight
USAF F-15 Eagle Tactical Demonstration and P-38, P-51 Formation

3:40 - 3:50 : Vietnam Air War
OV-1 Mohawk and A-26 Invader

4:00 - Chino Airport resumes normal flight operations

Anyone drooling yet?

The thought of THREE P-38s in formation is enough to bring any warbird fan out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back