Chino 2009

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys. That was the first Yak-3U that I have seen, and it is a beauty. I would LOVE to get some air-to-air photography with that one. Maybe one of these days...

As I am going through these still, I am finding a few gems that are a little underexposed. After some editing, they stand out to me, like this Seafury shot.

Attachments

• DSC_1180.jpg
    DSC_1180.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 92
I am curious as to how you can get that clear of a pic during takeoffs and landings. There's hardly any distortion from the heat that I can tell or are you just that close the active runway.

buy the way, great pics.

Cheers Ontos. I have made some adjustments to my camera and am still not completely happy with the results. I am doing a few more tweaks tomorrow for my monday shoot.

I bookmarked your site a while back.
Those new pictures at your site are excellent.

Alas I am not in your people section of photos. :(
I did notice a picture of the woman who did the wingwalking routine.
I don't remember her name but I do remember that she was tiny.
She couldn't have been 5 feet tall.
One other thing I noticed about her routine is that you would have needed binoculars or a good zoom lens to fully appreciate it.

You may have said already but I don't remember, where are you going Monday to shoot ??

Wheelsup

Wheels, you aren't in the people section, but then I must have missed you. I usually grab shots of crews and the like, but occasionally folks in the crowd as well.

The wing walker is Margi Stivers. I have done air-to-air work with her in the past and her routine is great from the ground, it is incredible in the air! She put together a video with stills and live action that has some of my shots in it here:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SE_D5JeUCE

Tomorrow, if you look up and see between 8-10 T-6s in formation, some with German markings, I will be in one of the German marked T-6s for the Memorial Day flyovers. It is partly to help the Condor Squadron with some fresh photos for their website and marketing material and also for an article I am doing for a national publication (my first BIG article!).

Thanks for the link. :)
It put my heart in my throat but it was good.
It didn't look like she had a safety strap on at all times either. :shock:
Actually, most of the time it looked like she was saftey strap free.

Thanks for the heads up on your flight tomorrow.
I'll be looking forward to your pictures.

Are you flying this formation out of Chino ??

Now for the "Captain Obvious" part of the post.
Have fun. 8)

Wheels

Tomorrow, if you look up and see between 8-10 T-6s in formation, some with German markings, I will be in one of the German marked T-6s for the Memorial Day flyovers. It is partly to help the Condor Squadron with some fresh photos for their website and marketing material and also for an article I am doing for a national publication (my first BIG article!).
Too much friggin fun!!!!!

Well, I guess some luck has played in to it, but I have worked my butt off to get the shots and make the contacts that I have. Not that it hasn't been fun along the journey.

We have briefing at 8:45 AM at the squadron in Van Nuys and will likely take off from the famed 16R about 10:00. It's been partly cloudy in the mornings here in Ventura County but burns off about 10ish, so we should have a good day of it. We're looking at landing back an Van Nuys around 12:30. It'll be a long flight, but all for a good cause, Memorial Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back