colour film of Fw 190D-13

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ah now I can get this thing done, one captured image of cowling and it's your guys discretion as to the oversprayed colors on top of RLM 76 for this to be FW 190D-13

Attachments

• poweregg.jpg
    poweregg.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 192
Dan remember the weird camo on Yellow 13 from JG 26. 3 different colours on top of a base. remember more and more brown-violet with shades of light/dark green came into play in 45 for ground concealment. I have a colour pic of a NF Ju 88G-6 in similar tones

Looking interesting.It affirms my info that all parts for aircraft that were made by different manufacturers, were already painted in a factory and they didn't follow rules necessarily.

no it wasn't, but close to Frankfurt with about another 30 engine mounts heading to factory to finish up for distribution. the rail lines have been cut to heavy US bombing so these babies sat. Jerry C. is covering the camo ojn these crates at some length in his second volume on the Dora coming soon

Well, that makes sense, late war was chaotic.

I recall seeing some photos of some late (very) Bf109 aircraft at one of the facilities that was over-run by U.S. troops. The camo on the machines were insane, like the guys were running past the aircraft with spray cans.

could be very true W ~ note that huge TA 152H like intake, I could lose my first born through that thing

Sorry Erich I hit incorrect button initially.:oops:Now it is the correct one.

Also rudders seem to be painted with some patterns characteristic for different factories ( Me262 , Bf109K for instance.)

Jan EE has a book just on Yellow 10, it might be worth to explore their site again to see the book cover, that will give you an Id of what was going on during late war insanity.

remember guys what I have said earlier about the weirdness of jg 301, second gruppe as an example. late war movements from field to field, Russians attacking over and over again. strange staffel movements so no congeniality, second gruppe bar sometimes applied and sometimes not, no paints, then sometimes paints but no time to apply, who cares anyway ......

personal photos of this crate when it used to be down in an Arizona museum, from long ago I went over the boundry ropes and almost hopped into the cockpit. it had the old fuddy duddy paint job that was incorrect before it was moved and a more close-resembling multi-colour format was painted on it. That Eagle files would fit your bill for doing up yellow 13............ I've seen black/white war time pics of this hot rod before the US did their own type of overhaul on it. It served with JG 26 that is a fact.

her are a couple more 13's to entice your drooling mouth Jan

Fw 190D-9 red 13 flown by Fw. Clemens Schmoll shot down with Mustangs west of Neustadt. werk nummer 210 913, 6./JG 301

Oberfähnrich Karl Hänsel was shot down by P-38's west of Neustadt by Lohm in white 13 Fw 190A-8, werk nummer 175 920 from 9./JG 301.

both pilots KIA on 14 January 1945.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back