Colour Test

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bigZ

Senior Airman
Jan 18, 2007
A little challenge for you guys.

Attachments

• colour_test.gif
    colour_test.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 149
I actually found that easier than I thought it would be (i.e. first time with no errors), guess my brain is just f*cked ;)

Or just colour blind?

C'mon Gnomey. You know vision acuity has nothing to do with that test.

It is actually a test of femininity ability to chose colors independent of visual perception. This test was validated by the A&E channel for Trading Spaces participants. It appears you qualify. :toothy4:

I cant do it at all. So am with Matt on this one. Normally only primative people are good at this test.:tongue3:

'Brent Berlin and Paul Kay (Basic Color Terms: Their Universality and Evolution, 1969), suggest that there is a remarkable degree of uniformity in the way different cultures assign color names. In a study of 98 languages from a variety of linguistic families, they found the following "rules" seem to apply:

1. All languages contain terms for white and black.

2. If a language contains three terms, then it contains a term for red.

3. If a language contains four terms, then it contains a term for either green or yellow (but not both).

4. If a language contains five terms, then it contains terms for both green and yellow.

5. If a language contains six terms, then it contains a term for blue.

6. If a language contains seven terms, then it contains a term for brown.

7. If a language contains eight or more terms, then it contains a term for purple, pink, orange, grey, or some combination of these.

Berlin and Kay also found that the number of basic color terms tends to increase with the complexity of the civilization. They speculated that this explains the relative poverty of color terminology among the ancients--e.g., the Greeks had terms only for black, white, yellow, and red because theirs was a relatively uncomplicated culture, at least from a technological standpoint. But Berlin and Kay admit they don't know why the "rules" should operate as they do.'

I cant do it at all. So am with Matt on this one. Normally only primative people are good at this test.:tongue3:

*cough, cough* Primative??? I believe Matt had referred to it as
"femininity ability" :lol: Do you REALLY want to 'go there'?? AT last check, there wasn't MUCH primative about me...BUT then come to think about it..i'm not real feminine either...:lol:

P.S. I adore Black Adder...:D

*cough, cough* Primative??? I believe Matt had referred to it as
"femininity ability" :lol: Do you REALLY want to 'go there'?? AT last check, there wasn't MUCH primative about me...BUT then come to think about it..i'm not real feminine either...:lol:

P.S. I adore Black Adder...:D

Dont feel too bad. My son completed this test with ease(Although he is 3 and can't read yet)

Agree on Black Adder. The last series was brilliant.

Dosn't lozenge ryhme with orange?

lozenge=orange...uhm...Not so much.

I'd have to say I love all 4 seasons..love watching how B.A. and Baldrich's power plays change up. I can 't wait to expose my sons to it :lol: They are in the living room right now wathing a 'Flying Circus' episode. ON PURPOSE!!

Mommy is SO proud. :D

Stupid Njaco Fact Of The Day!:

There is no word that rymes with "orange" in the English language.

Did the test on the first try...no mistakes (I cheated though- I blurred my vision so I could see the color but couldn't make out the word:D )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back