Comic Artwork

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wildcat

Major
Apr 11, 2005
South East Queensland
Recently we were discussing war comics which prompted me to break out some of my Commando comics. I used to collect these when I was younger and have always been impressed with some of the artwork.
Here are some scans of aircraft related issues.
enjoy! 8)

Attachments

• cx.jpg
    cx.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 333
  • cx1.jpg
    cx1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 350
  • cx2.jpg
    cx2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 397
  • cx3.jpg
    cx3.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 363
  • cx4.jpg
    cx4.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 325
Great stuff mate :) I agree lovely artwork!

I have a few lying around. Have you seen the bound volumes you can get now Andy? Theres about 15 stories bound together, costs about 30dollars per book.

Do you know any good places to find em these days? I'd love to get some more of the aircraft based stories.

Great stuff mate :) I agree lovely artwork!

I have a few lying around. Have you seen the bound volumes you can get now Andy? Theres about 15 stories bound together, costs about 30dollars per book.

Yeah, I brought the ANZAC edition sometime last year. When I first saw it I Couldn't resist it!!

Do you know any good places to find em these days? I'd love to get some more of the aircraft based stories.

Most newsagents still have them. IIRC 4 come out a month, otherwise do what I used to do and search every second hand book shop you come across.

Thanks mate, some more!:D

Attachments

• cx15.jpg
    cx15.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 311
  • cx16.jpg
    cx16.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 316
  • cx17.jpg
    cx17.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 335
  • cx18.jpg
    cx18.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 324
  • cx19.jpg
    cx19.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 327
I used to collect these when I was younger

C'mon Andy, come clean, how old were you REALLY? :lol:

In the early 80's I thought it was 'cool' to paint some of the internal artwork of Commando comics to large scale and I hoped to sell some as 'art deco' at the Sunday Markets.

I never sold any of them...:(

C'mon Andy, come clean, how old were you REALLY? :lol:
I stopped at about 16 :lol:

In the early 80's I thought it was 'cool' to paint some of the internal artwork of Commando comics to large scale and I hoped to sell some as 'art deco' at the Sunday Markets.

I never sold any of them...:(

That pic is fantastic mate! please post more!:)

One time I filled out one of the survey's they used to print on the inside of the back cover. A month or two went by when these babies arrived in the mail. Man was I stoked!!:D I'm especially fond of the Hurricane V's Zero one 8) I take it they are originals because one of them (the boat running aground)has borders and painting notes written in pencil off to one side. All in all I think they're pretty cool.

Attachments

• Commando 004.JPG
    Commando 004.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 445
  • Commando 001.JPG
    Commando 001.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 592
  • Commando 003.JPG
    Commando 003.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 317
  • Commando 002.JPG
    Commando 002.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 327
Some more guys.. The last two show the front and back covers of that particular issue.

Attachments

• cx20.jpg
    cx20.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 171
  • cx21.jpg
    cx21.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 166
  • cx22.jpg
    cx22.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 184
  • cx23.jpg
    cx23.jpg