Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minnesota report, June 2
cases 25,508**, recovered 20,381, hospitalized 3,134, deaths 1,072**, tested 258,747*/**
fatality rate 4.2%
mortality rate 188.1 per million
test rate 45.4 per thousand*
*Minnesota now has the ability to test more than 8,000 people/day, and testing is available to the general population in small numbers. However, logistics are still a problem.
**The stay-at-home and shut down measures used by Minnesota have kept the rate of spread significantly below what it would have been without such measures. However, based on the hospitalization and death rates, the rate of spread is still increasing slightly with an approximate R factor of 1.035 new cases each day (ie the number of new cases each day is doubling every 20 days). Using the number of tests coming in positive the R factor is 1.045 (ie the number of new cases each day is doubling every 16 days). The number of current cases in hospitals and ICUs has risen slowly but steadily to 3,134 and 1,003 respectively.

Last edited:
Minnesota report, June 3
cases 26,269**, recovered ??,???, hospitalized 3,203, deaths 1,086**, tested 265,718*/**
fatality rate 4.1%
mortality rate 190.5 per million
test rate 46.6 per thousand*

Minnesota report, June 4
cases 26,273**, recovered 21,490, hospitalized 3,253, deaths 1,115**, tested 275,642*/**
fatality rate 4.2%
mortality rate 195.6 per million
test rate 48.4 per thousand*
*Minnesota now has the ability to test more than 8,000 people/day, and testing is available to the general population in small numbers. However, logistics are still a problem.
**The stay-at-home and shut down measures used by Minnesota have kept the rate of spread significantly below what it would have been without such measures. Based on the hospitalization and death rates, the rate of spread is still increasing slightly with an approximate R factor of 1.035 new cases each day (ie the number of new cases each day is doubling every 20 days). Using the number of tests coming in positive the R factor is 1.045 (ie the number of new cases each day is doubling every 16 days).

Updating data from my town
6 cases total (one each 800 people)
2 deaths
3 recovered (2 were asymptomatic and one mild)
1 active but asymptomatic

Minnesota report, June 5
cases 26,985**, recovered 21,864, hospitalized 3,289, deaths 1,148**, tested 322,340*/**/***
fatality rate 4.3%
mortality rate 203.2 per million
test rate 56.6 per thousand*/***
*Minnesota now has the ability to test more than 10,000 people/day, and testing is available to the general population in small numbers. However, logistics are still a problem.
**The stay-at-home and shut down measures used by Minnesota have kept the rate of spread significantly below what it would have been without such measures. Based on the hospitalization and death rates for the last 20 days, the rate of spread is still increasing slightly with an approximate R factor of 1.035 new cases each day (ie the number of new cases each day is doubling every 20 days). Using the number of tests coming in positive the R factor is 1.045 (ie the number of new cases each day is doubling every 16 days).
***Minnesota had an unusually large number of test results come in today, due to delayed test completion for the last 4-5 days. The delays were caused by logistical problems due to the current unrest across the country.

I'm not sure what you mean.

DC6476F0-09AF-4DF7-AF99-AFC0E2028E90.jpeg

Gnomey who happens to be a Dr. said that apparently the PPE works, as he tested negative despite treating coronavirus patients. You responded, saying that you inadvertently agreed with him. That means you did so by accident, meaning you don't agree.

I don't understand why anyone would disagree.

Ah, either way. It's not a bad thing to agree with. ;)

I was not saying PPEs don't work...they do. I thought that agreeing to the news about Gnomey was odd because I thought it made me sound like I was saying "Yes, I agree your test is negative." Which sounds strange to me since I had nothing to do with administering the test. I read the part about the PPEs, but I was more focused on the news of the test results, and that was the target of my response. The joke about my laptop was pretty much what Crimea_River explained. I was looking through the response options and I must have pressed too hard on the scroll pad as I moved the cursor and accidentally selected agree. Next time, I guess, I'll just go straight to bacon. :)

I was not saying PPEs don't work...they do. I thought that agreeing to the news about Gnomey was odd because I thought it made me sound like I was saying "Yes, I agree your test is negative." Which sounds strange to me since I had nothing to do with administering the test. I read the part about the PPEs, but I was more focused on the news of the test results, and that was the target of my response. The joke about my laptop was pretty much what Crimea_River explained. I was looking through the response options and I must have pressed too hard on the scroll pad as I moved the cursor and accidentally selected agree. Next time, I guess, I'll just go straight to bacon. :)
Bacon is delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back