Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minnesota report, April 18
cases 2,213, recovered 1,118, hospitalized 561, deaths 121, tested 44,368*
fatality rate 5.5%
mortality rate 21.2 per million
tests rate 7.8 per thousand*
*Test kits are still in short supply, however, the number is increasing dramatically. At the current time, processing capacity of the test kits is as much of a problem as supply of test kits. Tests are currently being used only for suspected COVID-19 cases and first responder/healthcare/medical personnel.

672D9948-9AE6-49F7-B92D-D9D0ACF367AA.jpeg

Harry has a dog to walk you know, life long friend of the last two weeks.
yes and the other two know how stressful it is staying home all the time !

guess one of there staff must of told them ......

and i'm glad their Granny has shown she's down with us normal folk and cancelled her birthday gun salute, i was unsure if i should still carry on with mine ?

Talked to my wife's cousin yesterday. She is working with people with Alzheimer. Last few weeks have been crazy. All staff is ill with corona apart from her and one colleague so she is taking care of 15 patients on her own. 5 out of the 15 already died from corona, only 2 patients have tested negative. Patients pull out their oxygen and refuse to drink. She expects others to die soon as well. This has been going on for the last few weeks so she's quite exhausted at the moment.

Talked to my wife's cousin yesterday. She is working with people with Alzheimer. Last few weeks have been crazy. All staff is ill with corona apart from her and one colleague so she is taking care of 15 patients on her own. 5 out of the 15 already died from corona, only 2 patients have tested negative. Patients pull out their oxygen and refuse to drink. She expects others to die soon as well. This has been going on for the last few weeks so she's quite exhausted at the moment.

Sorry to hear that.

Italy report, 5 pm (CEST) 19th April
cases 178,972, +3,047, deaths 23,660, + 433, recovered 47,055, +2,128, tests 1,356,541, +50,708
fatality rate 13.2%
mortality rate 392 per million
test rate 22.5 per thousand
positive rate 13.2%
test rate today 841 per million
positive rate today 6%

I'm sure that Chris has heard/seen this news item: Greene County Missouri (Springfield, 3rd largest City, is located here) Apr. 17, demonstrating his social consciousness and knowledge of current news, a Greene County man ill with classic Corona-19 symptoms decided that he really need to go to work, his fever and cough not withstanding. Naturally, as a result, he potentially infected SIXTY-FIVE (65) of his co-workers 13 of which have already tested positive for Corona and the remainder are quarantined for 14 days.
Say "Thank You very Much Dumb Bass"

Today's update was fun first question from Hugh Pim BBC reporter.

can you comment on shortages of ppe ?

Deputy chief medical officer Dr Jenny Harries

Look i think we need a grown up adult conversation about ppe !
Then proceded to very calmly tear him a new arse.

Loved it

Loved it
Well, that seems to be one common thread.
Politicians: "We've got plenty of PPE!"
Healthcare workers: "We're having to re-use disposable PPE!"

Here, the day after the PM announced that we had good stocks of masks/gowns, etc they announced that they had used private companies contacts and supply chain to purchase millions more, so that they could by-pass normal bureaucracy.

Well, that seems to be one common thread.
Politicians: "We've got plenty of PPE!"
Healthcare workers: "We're having to re-use disposable PPE!"

Here, the day after the PM announced that we had good stocks of masks/gowns, etc they announced that they had used private companies contacts and supply chain to purchase millions more, so that they could by-pass normal bureaucracy.
Dont think for one minute our government has got everything correct but a bit of balanced reporting would be nice !

I'm sure that Chris has heard/seen this news item: Greene County Missouri (Springfield, 3rd largest City, is located here) Apr. 17, demonstrating his social consciousness and knowledge of current news, a Greene County man ill with classic Corona-19 symptoms decided that he really need to go to work, his fever and cough not withstanding. Naturally, as a result, he potentially infected SIXTY-FIVE (65) of his co-workers 13 of which have already tested positive for Corona and the remainder are quarantined for 14 days.

This is a crime in your country?
In my is highly probable it is

Loved it

Link, please :)

I hope her cousin can weather the storm she is going through. Our thoughts are with her.

This gentleman needs to be prosecuted.

Sorry Tommo, it was live tv

Okay.
Our public TV also has it's moments - like how they annonounced that 'Tonight is the earthquake' in some city, instead of 'Last night there was an earthquake'. Or, 'statisticians will asses the damage buildings susuatined from the 'quake', thus replacing the people that deal with statics (= engineers) with people that do statistics (= economists).
All in 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back