Could use some prayers for my little girl....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

With a high temp like that kids can get dehydrated so quickly...my oldest had a short stay in the hospital when she was about 3 after a high fever and GI flu symptoms that dehydrated her.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep a watch on her skin and bathroom habits...when a little ones skin gets hot and is totally dry, or they stop urinating it means their system is woefully low on fluids and get to a doctor pretty quick.
Take care!
Derek

Thinking of you all and praying for your little girl Beau. My daughter suffered something similar when she was about 7 years old, and like rochie, we never found out what it was, but she pulled through ok. Keep the fluids going as often as possible, electrolytes if possible, a small amount of sugar and table salt in a glass of water will do just as well.
Keep us up dated mate.

Last night was a pretty rough night. I got home from school and she was in severe pain. Couldnt figure out what was wrong. The Wify's dad called and recommend 7up for the stomach pains. I went to the store bought some, and mixed it 50/50 with water. That seemed to work and we finally got her down for a nights rest. I had called the on call nurse here for the base, and we talked for about 30 minutes on different things to do. Well, over night she actually did drink a full sippy cup, so that is the most fluids she has had at one time. This morning she woke up in a decent mood. Still very irritable. Got her to eat some oatmeal, and drink some more 7up/water to help with the stomach pain. She actually tried to stand up, but she is so weak, she looked like a baby giraffe trying to walk. We go to the doctor's here soon, so I will update a little later on how she is doing.

P.S. Thanks for all the well wishes, my wife really appreciated them and she said thanks for all of your support.

Just catching up on threads, sorry to hear of little 'uns troubles.

Its tough when you're not able to relieve anything thats affecting your kids...until they're all grown up (and then you still worry !) they look to you to sort all their troubles out and when you cant, they have an uncanny knack of making you feel almost as miserable and sick with worry. Bless them !.

You tell her that this whole site is thinking of her and wishing there was something we could do to make her better quicker.

Keep us posted and if theres anything we can do to help you guys, you know we're here.

Prayers sent. Sounds like she is getting better. I had similar problems in my early 20's, took a while before I got an appetite back, but it is a good sign that she is starting to eat and drink on her own, even though it's just a little for now.
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back