Cyber Hobby (Dragon) Bf-110D-3 Start to finish.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Both the Cyber Hobby Bf-110D's I have bought came with two added in engines, this was part of the the first production release in the US and Japan. I decided to work on at least one for the plane on display. Having been in aircraft maintenance for twenty years means I like to show the other side of an airplane from time to time. I thought I would share this added engine kit here while I was working on it.

Attachments

• bf110eng1.JPG
    bf110eng1.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 91
  • bf110eng2.JPG
    bf110eng2.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 86
  • bf110eng3.JPG
    bf110eng3.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 83
  • bf110eng4.JPG
    bf110eng4.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 85
  • bf110eng5.JPG
    bf110eng5.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 83
I got the fuselage together today as well. I am please with the kit so far the fit is without par. this is a beautifully designed kit. If I have a complaint so far it is with the injection points where the tree link is on the inside lip of parts. so that you have to clean not just the link but the inside of the mating section of the part. If that can be a complaint then it is pretty low on the list of issues.

Attachments

• bf1101.JPG
    bf1101.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 93
  • bf1103.JPG
    bf1103.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 101
  • bf1104.JPG
    bf1104.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 105
  • bf1105.JPG
    bf1105.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 101
I got some good reference material in today.

Attachments

• IMG_2313.JPG
    IMG_2313.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 82
Ok, so I wanted to display at least one engine open. I follow the destruction that he wonderful designer of the kit put out, gotta be right I say, after all they designed it right. Well this is not the first Dragon/Cyber Hobby kit I have done and over the years I have found several times there was a better way. So If you have this kit and you want to display the engine out, Here is what I recommend. In the destructions for the engine (as seen before as separate set of destructions), the engine is finished by mounting the exhaust. This is done in step 6 in the main destructions (yes I know what I am calling them). The main problem with this is you need to know which side you are mounting the engine on. They are not clear on the matter and the issue is on the Bf-110, the inboard exhaust points down and the out board points up. The exhaust is to mounted with the cover on it. Issue is that the destructions are not clear on this matter and it took some trial and error (more error then trial) for dumb old me to get it figured out. So the exhaust fits through the cover. and after fighting with it, I found that in pre mounting, I had inadvertently mounted the wrong covers ont he wrong sides. ( I had in all the confusion tried to put two outside panels on to one engine. So to try and make a long story short I ended up puting on the wing panels (Exhaust covers) and then mating the engine with them in place and then mating the exhaust. Now having said this, someone will come crying and saying that there is a tabs on the inside of the exhaust covers and by genii I'll be damned there are, Gentlly mover the panels out as you and instering the engine in and Damn that worked. Just say'n!

Oh do I post too many pictures, not sure. but in this case I love the kit but this may save someone in the same situation. I take all feed back

Attachments

• bf-110engmt4.JPG
    bf-110engmt4.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 83
  • bf-110engmt3.JPG
    bf-110engmt3.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 85
  • bf-110engmt1.JPG
    bf-110engmt1.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 82
  • engmt1.JPG
    engmt1.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 97
  • engmt2.JPG
    engmt2.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 91
  • engmt3.JPG
    engmt3.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 96
  • engmt6.JPG
    engmt6.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 86
  • engmt5.JPG
    engmt5.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 94
  • engmt4.JPG
    engmt4.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 81
  • bf110eng2.JPG
    bf110eng2.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 80
Oh and by the way, I now have as mentioned earler some nice suff on the Bf-110, if someone has questions on it and can't find it (I have found it is not easy to find), let me know I might have it.

Ran into some issues getting the engine nacelles to go together with out a hitch. The right wing with out the built up engine was a little problem bu the I wanted the lower nacelle on the left engine and the upper off. Serious fit problem and fits thrown by same as the builder. I will need to fill in the gap and clean thing up so it will be some tedious work for a bit, Wings were just slipped on for the picture and getting the fill of the look. I like it. Dale and I both picked up the Bf-110D Nachtjager from Sprue Brothers. I have the three Cyber Hobby Bf-110D variants now in the stash / work bench.

Attachments

• 110wing1.JPG
    110wing1.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 110wing2.JPG
    110wing2.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 71
  • 110wing3.JPG
    110wing3.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 110wing4.JPG
    110wing4.JPG