Devo sues McDonalds.

Graeme

1st Sergeant
4,615
2,828
Joined
May 31, 2007
Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man, but I hope that McDonalds "whip'em", and "whip'em
good." Hated their music and their stupid flowerpots.

Guys, grow up...

Devo to sue McDonald's over doll's hat

 
Well tough titties. I liked Devo. They are donkeys, no doubt. Not my favorite band, but they were influential. And they deserve their due. "We're through being cool!"

Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean the law no longer applies.

...[steps off of his soapbox, removes ahole attitude]
 
Yeah, I notice that the big corps are quick to slap a trademark lawsuit on any little offender {eg "Starbucks, McDonalds etc}, yet McDonalds "overlooks" the fact that the devo hat was copyrighted.
 
Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean the law no longer applies.

Yeah, I notice that the big corps are quick to slap a trademark lawsuit on any little offender

Yes...that is true.
 
Unauthorized use of trademarks and copyrighted material is illegal, no matter how you slice it. Suppose I tried to use a pair of golden arches in my marketing campaign for my photographs, You think I might get sued? You bet your azz I would. McDonalds is real militant with their own trademarks, you would think that corporation would be more sensitive to the trademarks of others.

The shame of it all. I would boycott them, but their food sucks anyway...
 
The shame of it all. I would boycott them, but their food sucks anyway...

Yeah, one quarter pounder with cheese every 5 years just about does it. Fries are decent though.

In truth, I'm not going to miss either one. Devo probably has the legal point, McDonald's has the lawyers. My vote is with McDonalds.
 
One of my nieces had the toy in question. When I first saw it, I automatically thought about Devo and their hats, and the toy did have a devo-esgue look to it. Don't remember the song it played.
 
Stupid? It's THEY'RE, not their genius.

If you are going to be a grammar nazi, you better know what the hell you are talking about.

First post, and he starts with that...

I see this one having a long stay. :rolleyes:
 
Ha ha! THEY ARE MUSIC RULEZZZZZZ!!!!

I are sofa king cool!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back