Diorama Techniques: Planes, Armor, Ships, Artillery and Troops

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks fellas! :) I half covered the Blitz truck with canvas (painted tissue paper), so it looks different to the pics already posted. I'll post pics and technique used on that too, it involved a bit of scratchbuilding and a lot of bad language!!

I got some really nice white metal figures and equipment for this dio from AB figures in the UK, they're a bit expensive but they are really nice. I haven't had a chance to paint them yet. Visitors from the US have stopped my building for the last couple of weeks.

Ok I will post the Pictures tommorow (i Hope) Of what vehicles and soldiers I have built and collected so far!!

Got it in one Heinz! :)

They're brush painted with Humbrol 93, kleared, then applied a wash of dark pastels, wiped clean when dry with wet kitchen paper. Then applied Humbrol 113 (rust) in spots with a bit of sponge, then dry brushed the whole vehicle with Humbrol 63, its a light sand colour. Then sprayed the whole vehicle with rattle can matt varnish.

Looking forward to the pics B17! :thumbleft:

That was awesome, Muller. Just beautiful. Please update us with your pics. I'm utterly impressed with your mountain base. Genius. :cool:

Thanks Matt! :)

B17, if you resize your pics using MS paint before you upload them, the upload will be a lot quicker.

As I mentioned before I haven't had a chance to do any work on my dio for the last 2 weeks, I didn't use the kit supplied moulded plastic cover on the Blitz, I want it open with troops and equipment in the back. Wire was used for the rails, I measured them against the moulded cover and glued in place.

I used tissue paper soaked in diluted pva glue, half rolled it up and then draped it over the front 2 rails. When dry it was painted and dirtied up with a wet pastel wash. I still need to add a driver and a windscreen.

Blitz1-1.gif

The hungover yanks are going back home to Boston tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to get back to work on it this week.

Cool.......UGH this is so annoying my photos MS Paint won't let me resize adn I don;t know how to use photo bucket....I may just take one BIg Picture....instead of 15 tiny ones ? that work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back