Diorama Techniques: Planes, Armor, Ships, Artillery and Troops

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

But don't exaggerate with these details. Concerning glue use the one which gives transparent joint.There should be some offered by manufacturers.

Here in Poland we use a glue called "Wikol (Vikol).It is glue for wood and paper.It looks like white cream but when dried it is transparent and water-proof.The glue can be diluted with water.What is more it can give different in hardness joints.It depends on amount of water you use for diluting.

Oh ok thanks....when I got on Saturday I will have to look for stuff like that.......I have a big list of stuff to get like......sandpaper,matt clear, primer,different color paints, and picture frames etc.

Hello again B17. The glue Wurger mentioned is available under many trade names, and is used by builders, decorators, carpenters etc. The TYPE is P.V.A. adhesive, and normally comes in polythene 'bottles' with a nozzle on the end, rather like a washing-up detergent bottle. Get it from a hardware store - it'll be cheaper there! Don't worry when you first apply it, as it will look white, but dries clear (can use it for puddles or shallow water). If it not totally clear, it can be painted.

Possible Airframes, this kind of a glue is used by many but mostly by furniture makers and modellers.And you are right it can be bought in stores or big supermarkets where it can be cheaper.:D

Alright I got....a 16x20 in. picture frame, spackle, Matt Clear, Primer (white), 10 trees....and then I am making some on my own using the techniques you guys tought me, a Testors set that ironically had all the colors i need, 2 large paint brushes for tanks and jeeps and then two very fine paint brushes for soldiers and faces, last but not least green ground cover!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back