Diorama Techniques: Planes, Armor, Ships, Artillery and Troops (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks a lot! Depending if my dad cuts the board tonight I may have them up tonight or Monday...cause I got a busy day with sports tommorow....Soccer and Baseball (games)

Your ideas, Lucky, are very adult. Perhaps you might suggest to the youngman that he bribe his dad with some icecream, some personal time, or asking him to help WITH THE DIARAMA!!!. :rolleyes:

:lol:

I decided to make a base for the 1/48 I-16 I'm building right now, the idea was some oily boards in a muddy makeshift airfield. I used a tip I picked up here, finely chopped coriander for grass!! Thanks fellas :)

I-1613.gif

Thanks Lucky 13, I'll ruin now by putting my crappy model on it! :lol:

Thanks fellas! :)

That looks really convincing. Is it real wood strips you used?

It sure is Airframes, I swiped a load of coffee stirrers from my local petrol station and cut them down to size. After sticking them on the base, I stained them with a dark woodstain (jacobean oak). I then roughed them up a bit with a wire brush and used watercolour paints and some pastel dust for the oil stains.

I think I'll be using it to take pics of all my Eastern Front builds.

OK, pic of the I-16 on the base, will post more pics in the 'show your models' thread when it's finished. It was faily dark when i took this so I needed the flash, it looks a bit better in daylight! :lol:

I-1614.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back