**** DONE: 1/24 Spitfire Mk.Vb Floatplane – Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sunday Morning.... Repairs are complete and four coats of the Dark Sea Gray have been applied. Tomorrow I will touch up the camo with the Dark Slate Gray.

Just remember.... the repaired area does not have any clear coat on it, so it looks kinda blah....

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2461.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 64
Touched up the Dark Slate Gray on the camo, today. Will airbrush a couple coats of clear on tomorrow. Can't find the thin striping I want to outline the ailerons, rudder, flaps and stabilizer. That may have to wait til my LHS gets some in. Pic's tomorrow....

Charles

Thanks Matt Jerry. Got two good coats of MM's Lacquer Clear-Coat on the floatplane this morning. You can hardly notice the damaged area. Made an antenna mast out of a shrimp skewer and used my variable speed Ryobi power drill and some sandpaper to shape it. Cut a hole in the top of the fuselage, to get to some wood, and super-glued the mast in place.

Does anybody have a good pic of the Spit pitot tube ? The plans call for a bent pin under the port wing. A bent pin ? Gimme a break !! Surely I can do better than a bent pin.

The LHS still tells me the supplier of the black tape I wanna use to outline the ailerons, flaps, rudder, etc is still on back order. I guess I can wait a bit, or I can stick a bent pin under the wing, attach the canopy and call it finished.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2468.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC_2469.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_2470.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 76
Great stuff Charles and Karl!

Seems my last post didn't work for some reason...wrote that you could paint spare decal film (or spare unneeded decals) black and cut them into strips for the control surface outlines. Airfix also border their decal sheets in thin black (decal) outline too - have some spare if you want them.

Nice bit of team work chaps but not a bent pin please Charles. Maybe a sliver of balsa for the flat bit and another bit in your power drill nicely turned to a rod in the size required and you have the pieces for a pitot head.

Found some striping tape in a craft store and outlined the ailerons, rudder and stabilizer. After I got them on I brushed on a coat of clear.

Tomorrow the canopy and the antenna wire.... and scratch the pitot tube.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2471.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_2472.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 64

Users who are viewing this thread