**** DONE: 1/24 Spitfire Mk.Vb Floatplane – Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That looks good to me Charles. The particular colour scheme is a strange one, as in certain lighting angles, it can look almost one colour, with slight variations in tone which are like shadows - which was probably the intention. Yours certainly looks like the real thing as far as colour and tone are concerned.

Charles,

Terry is absolutely right. I agree with him utterly. These two colours look in pictures like there would be one only. Well done Pal.

Just wandered in to have a lok Charles. she looks fine to me. Have a dumb question.....these balsa models of yours, are they theoretically able to fly? Do you put the old rubber band and working prop into them?

Michael:

Yes... All of my balsa/tissue "flying models" have rubber powered motors, and, if balanced properly, would be capable of short flights. The floatplane would be the exception.... it's much too heavy.

edit.....1130... Just finished applying several coats of Model Master (semi-gloss) Lacquer Clear Coat to the floatplane. I think it looks 100 percent better ! I'll let it dry the rest of the day, while I work on the exhaust stacks and scratch up an antenna mast.

Pic's later today...

Charles

Last edited:
Thursday Afternoon.... Several coats of Model Master Lacquer (semi gloss) Clear Coat have been applied, and all the decals, except the under-wing decals and the serial number have been applied. I think it looks much better with the clear coat applied. Have a meeting tonight, so model making is curtailed for the day.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2448.JPG
    DSC_2448.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_2449.JPG
    DSC_2449.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_2451.JPG
    DSC_2451.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_2452.JPG
    DSC_2452.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 69
Looks great Charles. Anything special done with the decals or do they behave as if they were placed on a plastic model?

Geo

These are the decals Wojtek came up with and I printed on blank decal sheet. You MUST put a coat of clear coat on the decals before you use them, or the ink comes off in the water !! Other than that I had no trouble.... just cut the decals close, as they tend to curl on the edges.

Charles

Thanks, Lads. Going to be very busy, today, with fraternal meetings. Even going to meet the Grand Poo-Bah, today. Will probably finish the Spitty over the week-end. Appreciate all the nice words.

Charles

Got very little done on the floatplane, today. Got the underwing decals on, the serial number and the exhaust stacks on.

The "Grand Poo-Bah" is actually a lady..... we refer to her as "The Worthy Grand Matron".

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2453.JPG
    DSC_2453.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_2454.JPG
    DSC_2454.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 75

Users who are viewing this thread

Back